Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First, I know parts are covered in many other posts but I am hoping to get a consolidated list of suggestions for me based on my specifics. I have a stock 2013 ST3. I live in California and would like to remain legal so I don't need to uninstall anything when my smog tests come around. I have been stock since summer of 2013, so I dont need any insane performance gains but I know ive been missing out on what this car can really do with just a little bit of upgrades.

I am hoping to be at no more than 3k including installation costs, so i would guess I want to be closer to 2500 for parts? not quite sure on installation charges.

Would really appreciate some opinions on where to best spend my money.

I am thinking I should get:
RMM
Intake
FMIC
Cobb Access port v3

Is there anything else I should get in this budget? What are some brands/models to look for? I was looking at the Mountune MP275 and COBB Stage 2 CARB packages but I wonder if I should piece it out and get more bang for the buck.

I live in Orange County, pretty close to COBB, Mountune, FSWERKS, there may be others as well but i know of those for sure, would be nice if I could pick up the parts easily and locally but not a requirement.

Thanks for anyone taking the time to help me out! Can't wait to put some of these parts in.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I think your planned upgrades and manufacturers are really good already. If anything I'd add a rear sway bar and shifter bushings to that list. Everything on that list is also super easy to install and there are tons of resources if you need help with any of them, so I'd say do it yourself and save the money on labour.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd skip the intake and get a catted downpipe. That with a FMIC gets you to pretty much max HP with a tune. Intake doesnt make any difference performance wise unless you go big turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
cPE fmic FSWERKS stage 2 with Cobb AP rmm And because you have grand or more left fatback n cat downpipe. Left over title install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts