Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some canards for the front as well as side splitters and rear splitters.

What are some companies you've all used/found.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm looking for some canards for the front as well as side splitters and rear splitters.

What are some companies you've all used/found.
There are always options like Triple R composites, Rally Innovations (< definitely aluminum), Street Scene and Vega Motorworks (<recent find) in the side splitter scene and some in the rear splitter scene.

Rear diffusers have stuff like AEROFLOW dynamics, SS-Tuning (foreign...Facebook is best contact point), and Velocitec. This might give you a solid place to start!

Edit: I recently saw universal canards posted on the Facebook ST page (the big one that's 70% UK guys with MK2 STs) that looked really nice on our car, but not sure where it went. Google points out several universals though that would work fine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you wanting them for looks or function? If so most of the "splitters" are nut functional. You may have to go custom made.

Sent from another galaxy.
For looks.
I'd also prefer powder coated aluminum over ABS as I want it to hold up to -30 winters.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are always options like Triple R composites, Rally Innovations (< definitely aluminum), Street Scene and Vega Motorworks (<recent find) in the side splitter scene and some in the rear splitter scene.

Rear diffusers have stuff like AEROFLOW dynamics, SS-Tuning (foreign...Facebook is best contact point), and Velocitec. This might give you a solid place to start!

Edit: I recently saw universal canards posted on the Facebook ST page (the big one that's 70% UK guys with MK2 STs) that looked really nice on our car, but not sure where it went. Google points out several universals though that would work fine.
I've looked at a few of these. I like the splitters that Rally Innovations makes, and I love their wing. I'm still thinking about Vega splitters as I really like those as well.
As for the canards I think I'll go with the Areoflow Dynamic ones since they are aluminum and powdercoated.
I'll take a peek at the other companies.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
For looks.
I'd also prefer powder coated aluminum over ABS as I want it to hold up to -30 winters.
I would recommend Rally Innovations which is what I have for fronts and sides. I don't have a rear but Vegamotorworks.com has a very nice aggressive one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would recommend Rally Innovations which is what I have for fronts and sides. I don't have a rear but Vegamotorworks.com has a very nice aggressive one.

How was shipping with RI? Did you have to wait long for them?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So in the end I went with Maxton Designs rear splitters as a found a deal on Amazon with free express shipping and I also ordered some universal canards from Amazon.
I was having a hard time committing to over $200 with exchange and shipping for Areoflow Dynamics ones.
I'm still waiting to hear back from Vega Motorsports on shipping for 2 piece side extensions.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided to just stick with Maxton Designs and grabber their skirts, Amazon had a great deal on with no shipping on express delivery. It was going to cost me over $200 just in shipping for the other ones and that's not including the exchange.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is a mock up of the universal canards...
27845619_10156059482566303_870635617_o.jpg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Little too ricey. My .02

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
679 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fair enough I can respect everyone has different opinions but I won't just be adding these on so they won't be out of place. I have rally window vents being made by Billetworkz, I have Maxton splitters arriving tomorrow and I'm also going to order tire stickers.
Also I tried out a new placement on these and I think they look better.
20180212_095447.jpg
20180212_095749.jpg
20180212_095539.jpg
20180212_095826.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts