Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you AZ people,

I recently started a job in Glendale AZ and will possibly be moving here if all goes well with that over the next few months. I was wondering if there are good places in the area to go and places to see on the weekends that I will be here. Also any thoughts on the best brand of fuel around here?

Thanks,

- Daryl

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello all you AZ people,

I recently started a job in Glendale AZ and will possibly be moving here if all goes well with that over the next few months. I was wondering if there are good places in the area to go and places to see on the weekends that I will be here. Also any thoughts on the best brand of fuel around here?

Thanks,

- Daryl
A lot of ST guys will go to the pavilions in Scottsdale on Saturday's. Also look into the group PHAST. Their big in the Phoenix area.

Sent from Dr. Lights lab

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Hello all you AZ people,

Thanks,

- Daryl
We at PHAST do a couple runs a year up the mountain to Jerome, amongst other runs also. Look us up on the FakeBook for more info. Usually we all stick to Chevron or Shell fuel out here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello all you AZ people,

Thanks,

- Daryl
Only a few hours away it is always nice to day trip up to Sedona for a swim or camping for the weekend. The entire town is beautiful as well as it has some great hikes and Slide Rock is always a blast as well. The Grand Canyon is a must see and during the winter you can get out of the Valley's "heat" and up into the snow up north for some snowboarding or skiing. OR if the city is more your style you can bar crawl in downtown Phoenix, or Mill ave in Tempe if you want a college crowd.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses guys, I have heard from a few people that there are some nice places to go on a day trip, so I'll have to think about those soon :). As for the fuel type it seems I'll try and stick to Chevron and maybe give Shell a try since it's across from where I am staying right now, haha.

Now for something even more important, any tips to stay cooler in the heat here? It's not even summer and the heat sucks, lol.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
thanks for the responses guys, I have heard from a few people that there are some nice places to go on a day trip, so I'll have to think about those soon :). As for the fuel type it seems I'll try and stick to Chevron and maybe give Shell a try since it's across from where I am staying right now, haha.

Now for something even more important, any tips to stay cooler in the heat here? It's not even summer and the heat sucks, lol.
Window shades for sure, it will make a difference. Also having the window mod done helps with airing out the car as you are walking up to it. That helps a lot also.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Window shades for sure, it will make a difference. Also having the window mod done helps with airing out the car as you are walking up to it. That helps a lot also.
I heard you have the ability to do this window mod (i.e. global open/close).

Sent from Dr. Lights lab

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankfully there is some covered parking at the office and I have the windows tinted as well. I did the global open/close mod a while back but always forget about it, lol.

Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sedona or Payson or the White Mountains. I have had the best performance in both the Lightning and the ST with QT fuel.
Thanks for the reply, I was thinking about trying QT since they are everywhere here, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is kind of a given, but in AZ you must have a bigger inner cooler for the summer. I wish there was a kit for a water injection like on the new BMW M4 GTS

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know this is kind of a given, but in AZ you must have a bigger inner cooler for the summer. I wish there was a kit for a water injection like on the new BMW M4 GTS
I replaced the FMIC over a year ago, but you are completely correct saying it's needed here. Heat soak was horrible in Cali, can't imagine what it would be like here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts