Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for easy to install fmic with balanced performance(don't need one for 500 hp) and reasonable price.

I only plan to update the fmic, filter box and a 93 tune.

any recommendations?

don't want to start any arguments, if you want, just pm me with your thoughts.

thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
looking for easy to install fmic with balanced performance(don't need one for 500 hp) and reasonable price.

I only plan to update the fmic, filter box and a 93 tune.

any recommendations?

don't want to start any arguments, if you want, just pm me with your thoughts.

thanks
Steeda Light.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just did some tuning with Matt from Shootertuned last weekend. Repeated 3 and 4th gear pulls with the Steeda IC. Was 86 to 90 degrees. Boost air temps never rose more than 5 degrees during the pulls. Was usually seeing a under 3 degrees and as low as one degree. I'm super impressed with the unit. I thought for sure I'd be upgrading...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
354 Posts
I mounted the Steeda street/comp this past Wednesday and it's unreal. I live in Phoenix and the temps are above 100 every day. After the install, my charge temps are now only 10-15 degrees above ambient when it's 105 degrees outside. The car pulls so much more consistently I can't even believe it.

The Steeda requires no modifications of any kind. The only thing that changes is the mandatory removal of the active grill shutters and the plastic wind channel behind the bumper. All of the factory piping and hardware is used during the installation. It's a giant bar and plate core, and the best part is I got it shipped for $526.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I mounted the Steeda street/comp this past Wednesday and it's unreal. I live in Phoenix and the temps are above 100 every day. After the install, my charge temps are now only 10-15 degrees above ambient when it's 105 degrees outside. The car pulls so much more consistently I can't even believe it.

The Steeda requires no modifications of any kind. The only thing that changes is the mandatory removal of the active grill shutters and the plastic wind channel behind the bumper. All of the factory piping and hardware is used during the installation. It's a giant bar and plate core, and the best part is I got it shipped for $526.
They're nice if they'll fit in your car. IDK if there is some kind of anomaly in the manufacturing/assembly of my '16 FoST, but the Steeda Will Not fit in my car, and I'm pissed!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
No pics. Problem is trying to get the IC to go on the upper tabs. Now I realize that you have to lift/slide the drivers side up first. I can slide it on there, but when I try to slide the passenger side it seems that the IC sits to tight against the radiator, and the second tab is not even close to lining up. The driver side tab looks as if it's ready to snap off, which would not be good. It's as if the radiator sits out a bit more towards the nose of the car, not allowing enough room to slide the IC on the tabs.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Gotta bend the tabs very carefully to get enough room to slide them up..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I found out this afternoon just how fragile those tabs are. Passenger side tab snapped, not all the way off, but enough to where I'm not using it till it's fixed. Now I've gotta find someone to weld the snapped tab. I hardly even put any force on it!!! Oh well, I did't want to drive it this week anyway! :doh:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Unfortunately I found out this afternoon just how fragile those tabs are. Passenger side tab snapped, not all the way off, but enough to where I'm not using it till it's fixed. Now I've gotta find someone to weld the snapped tab. I hardly even put any force on it!!!
The tabs on top of my Steeda fmic were the same way, i ended up having to bend the driverside tab up quite a bit and it cracked a little from having to bend it so far. Luckily thise tabs just keep it aligned and dont support any weight like the lower tabs do..

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
The tabs on top of my Steeda fmic were the same way, i ended up having to bend the driverside tab up quite a bit and it cracked a little from having to bend it so far. Luckily thise tabs just keep it aligned and dont support any weight like the lower tabs do..

Wonder if could just epoxy the tab, as it's not broken off. Do you remember if the bottom tabs on the IC go above or below the plastic mounting tabs? Scary to think those 2 plastic tabs support all the IC weight.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wonder if could just epoxy the tab, as it's not broken off. Do you remember if the bottom tabs on the IC go above or below the plastic mounting tabs? Scary to think those 2 plastic tabs support all the IC weight.
The lower tabs on the fmic go above the other tabs.. i have to maneuver the upper tabs into place and then use my jack to hold it up so i could gently pry the lower fmic tabs into place.. its a biotch to say the least..

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I'm kind of concerned about the fact that the weight of this IC is supported only by a couple flimsy plastic tabs. Have there been any issues reported relating to this? I just can't help think that 1 good bump and it's the 'ol snap-ola. I mean this unit weighs 3 times more than the stock one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts