Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
title says it all i am from central Ma and was wondering if there was a station that has e85 yet at the pump?

·
Registered
108 Posts
title says it all i am from central Ma and was wondering if there was a station that has e85 yet at the pump?
Highly recommend this app

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
E85 does not sell well in your region and the few stations you find that do sell probably do not have good rotation.

Test the quality before use. Note that inherent water content is not differentiated from ethanol with the immiscible test kits. Often a good sign of water contamination in ethanol blended fuels with the test kits are a cloudy emulsion that does not go away or it takes a long time. Water contamination is often the reason folks see greater ethanol content in e85 blends with those test kits.

Storing ethanol fuel with a high quality molecular sieve significantly helps with long term stability if you go the route of buying your own drum.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks , looks like the closet one is the pike in Charlton now is there things I need to change in the car first like plugs ect, i know i need the tune from stratified but I'm sure there is something else I need to do. I have a 2016 focus st with 17,500 right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, Charlton west bound is the closest. I run e85 in my cobra, that pump will usually test around e78-e80 this time of year. Make sure you pick up a tester if you don't have one already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I will say I have no idea what the capabilities or the limits of e85 in the ST are ( I'm new to this car as I just bought it).........but!
Are you going for more power? Yes
It will use 30% more fuel than gas at the same flow rate. So.....larger injectors, larger pumps, larger lines. This will allow a larger turbo and more bost.....Ultimately the tune is the key.
I when I started in my cobra I had factory fuel lines and factory Filter, Only slightly larger ford pumps and injectors and a tune.
If you go e85 in our area it is a hassle, limited pumps and you need to test all the time. You can store it in clean poly drums, when sealed tight it's fine for a long time. ( I've stored some for over a year, it tested the same)
I did the switching back and forth from gas to e85, it can be done.....keep in mind the alcohol will clean the fuel system so keep an eye on filters.
My opinion.....if it's your daily and only ride don't do it. If it's your f*** the world car, E85 all the way put it on kill and let it eat. Hope this helps Jesse

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'd shy away from this, with two gas stations and one at an airport, getting gas and running your e85 tunes is going to be a huge pain in the ass and that's before you have to mix the right amounts and keep track of how much of each gas you already have...and testing the gas each time. What if you go to a surrounding area where there isn't any? I dunno man, if you want to do it 100% go for it. For me, there is a trade off of how much my time is worth, and I don't have time to be ****ing around the state looking for the right gas that also is good quality.

This website tracks E85 and there ain't much!

https://e85prices.com/e85map

1 - 10 of 10 Posts