Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to white out my letters on my tires and suggestions on a good paint that won't wear or come off with rain?

·
Registered
211 Posts
74558.jpg

Used this on my motorcycle tires. Works and holds up well but will start to turn more yellowish as the oils from the tire soak in. Ive had this on my bike for about a year. I think I can just add another coat to make them white again.

Clean the area of the tire you are going to apply the paint on with acetone really well. It also takes several coats to get full coverage. The paint can also be removed with acetone.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
View attachment 242281

Used this on my motorcycle tires. Works and holds up well but will start to turn more yellowish as the oils from the tire soak in. Ive had this on my bike for about a year. I think I can just add another coat to make them white again.

Clean the area of the tire you are going to apply the paint on with acetone really well. It also takes several coats to get full coverage. The paint can also be removed with acetone.
Just be cautious getting near the tread area of those motorcycle tires! I'm one of those "Keep everything away from the tread" on bike tires. Hard to keep the rubber side down if they get compromised!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just be cautious getting near the tread area of those motorcycle tires! I'm one of those "Keep everything away from the tread" on bike tires. Hard to keep the rubber side down if they get compromised!
Yup! 100% agree. These letters are about 3/4 of an inch away from the tread. Also with the design of the tires I run, its not too big of a concern.
bridgestone-bt45-touring-tires-img-4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Yup! 100% agree. These letters are about 3/4 of an inch away from the tread. Also with the design of the tires I run, its not too big of a concern.
View attachment 242809
Luckily these touring tires are a lot more forgiving...my Hypersport tires aren't nearly as forgiving :( Excellent choice in brand though! I'm on the discontinued Battlax S20s.

Michelin all the way on 4 wheels, but Bridgestone for 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts