Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted a shop somewhat local to me, turns out they charge $130 per hour. Idk how long it may take to put on an IC but that's a bit too high for me. Any recommendation shops in SoCal? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Contacted a shop somewhat local to me, turns out they charge $130 per hour. Idk how long it may take to put on an IC but that's a bit too high for me. Any recommendation shops in SoCal? Thanks guys

did you try any of the vendors on here like modbargains or fswerks? I'm sure they could do it for you. If not done with a shop, this is probably something you could take on yourself. I plan on installing my own when I purchase one even though i don't have a lot of experience with a wrench. Can't learn if you don't give it a try, right!?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I did it myself, 2 hours roughly. If I didn't just buy a house and have to be working on that I'd be down to help you lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Join your ST Facebook group... there's plenty of people who will help you out for a case of beer, type thing.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did you try any of the vendors on here like modbargains or fswerks? I'm sure they could do it for you. If not done with a shop, this is probably something you could take on yourself. I plan on installing my own when I purchase one even though i don't have a lot of experience with a wrench. Can't learn if you don't give it a try, right!?
My apartment complex doesn't want to see any car maintenance going on in the parking lots. And I honestly don't have all the right tools or most definitely would do it myself that way I know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Join your ST Facebook group... there's plenty of people who will help you out for a case of beer, type thing.
If there's anyone local, feel free to message me haha. More than happy to meet someone or I'll drive to you if local. Will shoot some cash as well or some lunch

·
Registered
100 Posts
SoCal is probably the easiest place to find a shop to work on the ST. FSWerks, Mountune, Mod Bargains, COBB...I honestly wish I lived down there.

As others have said, though, intercooler isn't a hugely technical job, although it does require some significant disassembly. In my experience, a lot of Focus owners are eager to help others. A popular thing these days are DIY shops that allow you to use their lifts and tools on a per hour basis, which can make the whole process a lot smoother.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SoCal is probably the easiest place to find a shop to work on the ST. FSWerks, Mountune, Mod Bargains, COBB...I honestly wish I lived down there.

As others have said, though, intercooler isn't a hugely technical job, although it does require some significant disassembly. In my experience, a lot of Focus owners are eager to help others. A popular thing these days are DIY shops that allow you to use their lifts and tools on a per hour basis, which can make the whole process a lot smoother.
See if I can find a shop with some tools and a lift that's all I need. Working in a really small garage having to lay parts and tools around won't really help what so ever. But I'm yet to find one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts