Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car and wonder about the st reliability, I found a few threads from 2015 but nothing more recent. anything I need to look out for I would use the car for spirited driving and my 100 mile a day commute.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I am in the market for a new car and wonder about the st reliability, I found a few threads from 2015 but nothing more recent. anything I need to look out for I would use the car for spirited driving and my 100 mile a day commute.
Nothing major. Just the usual wear and tear stuff. Make sure the trans shifts smoothly in all gears.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just bought a 2017 ST. Has 750 miles on it now (sits at airport a lot). Sooooo much fun to drive.

You will enjoy your 100 mile commute every day. I guarantee it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Just traded my 16 ST3 in Tuesday. 14K miles. AWESOME car!! Hoping I love the RS as much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm 2 days into my new '17 ST3 and loving it. I only have a couple of regrets:

1. I ended up with the shadow black as there was only 1 Magnetic color in central texas and the day I went to purchase and test drive the entire center console would not power on. I took it as a sign that it was not the car for me and went with the black

2. It did not have the red calipers or upgraded 5 spoke wheels and the stealership wanted to charge me $1,500 to add on the wheels and another $500 for the calipers. I told them to get bent. Just found a set of the upgraded wheels today with only 50 miles on them for $200 from a private seller locally. He's moving and needs the space and I need the awesome deal!

3. My last regret is that I don't have a couple thousand $$ laying around to start throwing into the car :big smile:

All joking aside, apart from the 88 Mustang 5.0 LX I owned when I was a teenager, this is turning out to be my favorite out of all the cars I've owned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
After much research I purchased a 2017 ST a few weeks ago. $23K out the door brand new.
If you plan on keeping it stock for a daily driver it should last a very long time with no major issues. If you plan to mod it all bets are off. That being said lightly modded ST's making 250/320 whp don't seem to have any issues with most tunes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i commute 120 miles a day in my 17 ST3. great car, tons of fun to drive. my only gripe is that occasionally the stereo chooses not to work/turn on. 1.5 hour commute with no tunes blows. (havent had time to turn it in)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts