Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any sort of long term review of using an OTS map from Cobb? Have been thinking about picking one up and running a mild stg 1 tune but wondered if anyone had any long term review of running it (30k+ miles) Any other discussion of pros and cons is also welcome to help make an informed decision.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,072 Posts
Does anyone have any sort of long term review of using an OTS map from Cobb? Have been thinking about picking one up and running a mild stg 1 tune but wondered if anyone had any long term review of running it (30k+ miles) Any other discussion of pros and cons is also welcome to help make an informed decision.

Thanks!
I've been running their " Stage 2" for about 25,000 miles; I really just wanted a bit more throttle response, to hold boost a bit longer and to take advantage of the extra cooling of my intercooler. That's about what I got, no negative effects and probably a little better mileage as long as I drive "normally". If you want more than that you will need a custom tune. It's pretty generic.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have had my Accessport on my car for about 25K. Initially Ran the stage 1 tune with a drop in cobb filter, notice a great difference in how the car ran! you will hear other people say OTS tunes are garbage. But if you are just daily the car and wanted alittle extra, then OTS tunes are perfect! I am currently running the stage 3 OTS tune, but in the spring I will have a custom tune which I also recommend to see added smiles per gallon! :RockOn:

·
Registered
207 Posts
You'd be better off getting a custom tune. If you buy from Mountune it's included in the price and Randy can make it as mild or wild as you want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts