Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is going to be an odd response but I think I can help you a bit.

I bought a Magnaflow exhaust second had from a guy that sold his 2013 and I put it on my 2015. I don't know how many miles are on the exhaust but he was a realtor so I am figuring somewhere between 20K-30K miles. When I got it there was surface rust on the pipes and mufflers, not the tips. I sanded them down good and painted them with 2000 degree aluminum heat paint just to make it look better. The exhaust went together well. It did hit the lower cross member. Which is a common problem/issue with Magnaflow. It did not matter how I rotated the pipes. The cross member fits tight against the exhaust, makes no noise, and I do notice a very slight vibration when braking/shifting but very minor. The sound is great. Sort of a low rumble, for a 4 cylinder. It gets noticeably louder while accelerating but at cruising it is nearly stock sounding. I am very happy with it.

The only issue I noticed after a few weeks of using it is that the inside of the tips must be regular steel because after a heavy rain we had recently these rust spots appeared on the inside of the tips. I am hoping they will get covered with exhaust soot. If they don't I am going to have to spray the inside of the tips black.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts