Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read in the book where it says locking the keys in the car will disable the intelligent key and the car has to be started with another one after that...

Disabled Intelligent Access Keys
Intelligent access keys left inside your vehicle when locked are disabled.
You cannot use a disabled intelligent access key to switch the ignition on.

You will reactivate disabled intelligent access keys when you switch the ignition on using a valid key.

...I tried it today and unlocke pad the door with the code, got in, and she started right up. Have I misunderstood? No problems or worries locking the fob in the car?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Same here. Went to pimp gas, left keys in car, locked with the number pad and unlocked after coming back and started right up. Hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I am pretty sure if you use the key pad, it will consider that as a valid key. The reason being, if you go jogging or something and want to leave your keys behind, you put it in the car and lock with the key pad. This will disable the key you locked inside from starting the car if someone breaks your window and tries starting the car. The key would not be reactivated until you re-enter the code on the key pad.

A good test would be to have a buddy lock you in the car with the key using the key pad and see if you can still start the car from inside after being locked with the keypad. The key should be disabled and stop you from doing so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts