Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone, I've been meaning to start a build thread for awhile, now that I've finally started to buy some aftermarket parts, spend some time on the forums, etc... For the record, my old account is @STinMO but I wasn't able to recover it recently, so I've been on the forums longer than my noob status says haha! Anyway a little about my ST-

2013 Ford Focus ST, Race Red. Bought in May 2018, with 30K miles on it (one owner before me), currently at 44K miles. Unfortunately, Little Red and I have been separated for about 2 months now, as she lost compression in cylinder one = been at Ford forever and new motor. Scheduled to picked her up on Monday/Tuesday so only a few more days! I have wheels/tires, FMIC, and a rear wiper delete to do as soon as I get her back, I spoiled myself with my tax return. I don't have a ton of pictures on my phone to upload, however I will add some from my laptop later. Check my signature for mod list, and I will update this accordingly with pictures, info, etc... Look forward to sharing!

Today I can add a picture of my new wheels though! They're TRmotorsports C4 18x8 wheels, they weigh around 19.5lbs, and I noticed a lot of people use them on their ST for AutoX. I love them and can't wait to get them on next week. For the record, they will be wrapped in Nitto Motivo tires (average tires, around $110 each, but didn't want to break my bank). Out the door wheels & tires was $1,088. I caught the wheels on a sale so saved a little money luckily.

Future plans- Coilovers, New Tune, Upgrade Suspension Parts, New Speakers, and a lot more to come!

IMG_20190409_114923264.jpg

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
It began awhile back lol I bought stuff slowly, and now that I have a fresh motor, why not? I'm excited, and also love your ST man, voted for you frequently for ST OTM
Yeah I mean the build thread mainly... you know when someone is getting into it when a thread starts LOL

I saw you had a bunch of stuff done already now you just got to document and share ;)

Thanks for the vote :) (never won and no longer get a chance... oh well maybe someone will start it back up)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I mean the build thread mainly... you know when someone is getting into it when a thread starts LOL

I saw you had a bunch of stuff done already now you just got to document and share ;)

Thanks for the vote :) (never won and no longer get a chance... oh well maybe someone will start it back up)
I feel ya! I'll get some pics of all the mods I have listed, some are chilling at home waiting for install since I haven't had it in almost 2 months lol

This is a process for me, I just got "into" cars when I bought my ST, I'm still learning as I go but I'm excited

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm finding more & more on my phone as I go! Below are a few pics from an install when I was in STL with @angrychair. This day we did the following-

VelossaTech Big Mouth Intake
Rek Gen Mud Flaps
Painted My Calipers
Sanding grill area (no crash bar cover), and painting crash bar solid black.

Pics below!!!

Flaps.jpeg Rear ST.jpeg Before Crash Bar Area.jpeg After install.jpeg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have parts waiting on her! Over the weekend received my JBR weighted shift knob, JBR rear wiper delete, Mountune FMIC and my new AP3 will arrive today!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The weighted knob is one of my favorite non-power upgrades. That Stratified tune will change your life, though.
I literally just went through the checkout process online for the Stratified tune, waiting on my mod-list form now, I'm excited!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Latest update on 4/16 says LittleRed will be ready to bring home Tomorrow (Thursday, 4/18). That means she has officially been at Ford for 9-10 weeks now, it's bout damn time!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the Ford dealer my car is at, decided to pull a huge d!ck move yesterday, and call me at 5:30pm when I'm 5 minutes away, to tell me Little Red isn't ready. Supposed to pick up today (friday 4/19), but Ford has went back on alot of "it'll be done on____" and it's never done. Here's to hoping :disappointed:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Officially got the ST back on Friday evening. Weather was crappy Saturday but beautiful Sunday, so I was able to install my JBR Wiper Delete & JBR Shift Knob @[email protected]. Both installations were stupid easy and as usual, great products.The shift knob being weighted, makes a world of difference as far as the feel of shifting immediately, I'll be pairing it with the JBR shift arm soon as well. Some pics below!

PS- New wheels being put on this morning as we speak.

IMG_20190421_180742184_HDR.jpg IMG_20190421_180730243_HDR.jpg IMG_20190421_155617659_HDR.jpg MVIMG_20190420_085308594.jpg IMG_20190420_083930465.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
good progress, hurry up with the wheels!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I managed to take one decent picture last night, with the wheels on. I also was able to put my new @[email protected] tune on since they're awesome and turned it around super quick for me.

Wheels have only been on for about 12hrs, so they're still growing on me, regardless they're lighter (19.5lbs) and an upgrade from snowflakes in my book. As for the tune- yummy, feels so amazing. @angrychair, here yo wheel pic dawg @brian60 you also made me promise a picture.

IMG_20190422_193221270.jpg IMG_20190409_114923264.jpg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts