Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have the turbosmart dual-port. I'm hoping running it to the symposer delete will take it a bit. At least so I stop getting blowoff when I have negative psi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that how you get rid of the blow off during parking lot driving? My God... I can't stand the fact that it blows off ever 2 seconds like that..

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Is that how you get rid of the blow off during parking lot driving? My God... I can't stand the fact that it blows off ever 2 seconds like that..
That's what I have gathered from my research, so I figured getting a free symp delete and trying it couldn't hurt. I really hope it helps. As much as I love the blow off sound when I'm driving hard, like you said, parking lot blow off is just annoying.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's what I have gathered from my research, so I figured getting a free symp delete and trying it couldn't hurt. I really hope it helps. As much as I love the blow off sound when I'm driving hard, like you said, parking lot blow off is just annoying.
How do you hook it up? I just ordered one of these from CFM as well to appease my annoyance for the parking lot blow.. So.. do you reroute the hose that you have on the BOV to the symposer? IF so, where does it lead to and do you have to unhook it from somewhere else or what? I can't seem to find any YT videos of this... Thanks for any assistance

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have the turbosmart dual-port. I'm hoping running it to the symposer delete will take it a bit. At least so I stop getting blowoff when I have negative psi.

Ahh I see. I was wondering because I'm planning eventually for a BT so at some point I'll be getting the cp-e exhale kit with the HKS bov and I have to decide if I wanna tap the symposer delete for my boost source or use the MapTap provided

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
How do you hook it up? I just ordered one of these from CFM as well to appease my annoyance for the parking lot blow.. So.. do you reroute the hose that you have on the BOV to the symposer? IF so, where does it lead to and do you have to unhook it from somewhere else or what? I can't seem to find any YT videos of this... Thanks for any assistance
I'll have to look it up again when I go to do the install but you run the bov directly to some hose hookup on top of the valve cover, and then run the extra hose that was there to the symposer delete or something like that. I'll look it up when I get more time and repost it so you can find it.

Ahh I see. I was wondering because I'm planning eventually for a BT so at some point I'll be getting the cp-e exhale kit with the HKS bov and I have to decide if I wanna tap the symposer delete for my boost source or use the MapTap provided
Yeah, that kit is the ideal way to go to get that familiar bov sound that you hear on other turbo cars.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'll have to look it up again when I go to do the install but you run the bov directly to some hose hookup on top of the valve cover, and then run the extra hose that was there to the symposer delete or something like that. I'll look it up when I get more time and repost it so you can find it.
I appreciate it. Thanks!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts