Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air intake part Auto part Muffler Pipe Automotive engine part

The COBB Ford Limited Edition Focus ST Carbon Intake with Air Scoop is a great way to dress up your engine bay and increase performance. Included is an oiled dual cone filter to increase airflow and amplify that great turbo sound. The piping to the turbo is replaced with a carbon fiber tubing to maximize air flow while custom silicone couplers ensure a perfect OEM-like fitment. Also included is a carbon fiber scoop to direct airflow directly to the intake airbox. Both parts are made from real Carbon Fiber and reinforced with fiber glass which make for a strong yet lightweight component.

The COBB Ford Limited Edition Carbon Fiber Intake with Air Scoop doesn’t require tuning and is also compatible with the Stage 1 maps. It’s the perfect first step towards Stage 2 power levels when paired with the COBB FMIC!

Already have one or the other? We’ve got you covered! The Carbon Fiber Intake and Air Scoop are available separately.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
View attachment 233129

The COBB Ford Limited Edition Focus ST Carbon Intake with Air Scoop is a great way to dress up your engine bay and increase performance. Included is an oiled dual cone filter to increase airflow and amplify that great turbo sound. The piping to the turbo is replaced with a carbon fiber tubing to maximize air flow while custom silicone couplers ensure a perfect OEM-like fitment. Also included is a carbon fiber scoop to direct airflow directly to the intake airbox. Both parts are made from real Carbon Fiber and reinforced with fiber glass which make for a strong yet lightweight component.

The COBB Ford Limited Edition Carbon Fiber Intake with Air Scoop doesn’t require tuning and is also compatible with the Stage 1 maps. It’s the perfect first step towards Stage 2 power levels when paired with the COBB FMIC!

Already have one or the other? We’ve got you covered! The Carbon Fiber Intake and Air Scoop are available separately.

[email protected]
Have any other pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
816 Posts
I'm a little confused, is it like the normal Intake you make just in carbon fiber or like the one in the photo? The one in the photo looks similar to our stock intake which still utilizes the accordion style elbow

Reactions: builtboosted

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm a little confused, is it like the normal Intake you make just in carbon fiber or like the one in the photo? The one in the photo looks similar to our stock intake which still utilizes the accordion style elbow

It's basically the same Mountune design intake with a new intake box cover and elbows included. I just purchased mine , love CF...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love the look of this intake, but im on the fence about buying it. Is this just a copy of the original intake but in cf, is it designed to flow more air, or purely just for looks? I have a full intake now so would i be taking a step back swaping to this or staying the same

·
Registered
768 Posts
RODSST just answered that question. It looks more like (exactly like) the Mountune, which is a good thing. With those elbows and everything (and the arguably minimal difference an intake makes) I'd say you're certainly not taking a step backwards. But you're certainly not gaining anything either...except looks.

Some clever marketing (it's made of fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber for looks), but still the best looking set up available IMO.

·
Registered
388 Posts
RODSST just answered that question. It looks more like (exactly like) the Mountune, which is a good thing. With those elbows and everything (and the arguably minimal difference an intake makes) I'd say you're certainly not taking a step backwards. But you're certainly not gaining anything either...except looks.

Some clever marketing (it's made of fiberglass with a layer of carbon fiber for looks), but still the best looking set up available IMO.
The mountune intake is wider than the stock one though isn't it? So it should still be better than the OEM stock one

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Got mine today, it's a beautiful kit! Someone forgot to put the snorkel in the box though...

EDIT: COBB emailed me back and informed me that the snorkel actually ships separately, and mine is still out for delivery. Kind of odd, but in case anyone else is wondering where their snorkel is, there's your answer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts