Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody made there own license plate mount? I saw this idea on an evo x and looked everywhere for the mount he used, but I believe it was custom made. I have a front splitter so the mount designed to attach to the bottom won't be able to fit. If anybody has been in the same situation, what did you do or what's a good idea?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried looking for some aftermarket solutions, but in the end I just gave up, it spoils the look of the car, so I just carry the front plate inside the vehicle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like he screwed directly into the bumper, that wouldn't happen on my car. Your splitter cuts out a lot of options like the Show N Go which I put on my car but I've never actually used it, I just keep the front plate on my back floor and if ever stopped will just say I was out of state and forgot to reinstall it. Other than custom making some sort of mount I'm not sure what you can do. Don't want to use the stock Ford mount?

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig's custom mustang bracket for the Focus ST.

Sent from another garage.
Looks like a good idea, does he have more pictures of the install? I am also trying to keep that section completely open as my ST Is a high HP car I need all the air flow I can get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Looks like a good idea, does he have more pictures of the install? I am also trying to keep that section completely open as my ST Is a high HP car I need all the air flow I can get

In my build thread. Should be a link on the first page to jump straight to it. I'll try and post it later.

Sent from another garage.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Also another great idea but I am sanding out the center part of my grill so it's fully exposed

I'm planning on sanding my grill this winter; when I do, I'm going to leave the 2 mounting points unsanded, so I can continue using this setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts