Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

Since buying my 2015 ST a few weeks back, I have a small problem with the license plate light. Car is at the dealer now but the mechanics have not found the problem yet, maybe one of you guys (or girls) knows.

The problem
- Light switch is in automatic mode.
- When I go to the car at night, all lights work as they normally do when unlocking the car.
- The lights continue to work properly when I get in the car.
- When I start the engine, the license plate light stops working and can only be switched on again by putting the light switch in position off and then back to on or automatic.

Maybe one of you knows how to solve this problem or know what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

(sorry for that bad English, it's not my first language)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sounds to me like it's a problem with the module that powers the lights up. It's not the switch since the rest of the lights work, and it's not the wiring or the bulbs since they work at other times.

It's either a software problem they should be able to fix with a reprogram of the BCM, or the BCM is damaged/defective...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mechanics have just called. The problem is some kind of trunk switch. Parts have been ordered, when they arrive I can come back and they will swap it out.

Edit; talked to the mechanic, all electrics have been checked and found okey, problem is most likely the light/hatch release asembly (like @Xrdude said). Will be fixed when the part comes in, is in backorder currently.

Reactions: Xrdude

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*blows dust off*
The light/hatch assembly has been replaced for a new one by the dealer and uptill now the problem has not been seen again

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dont know if the link works, this is the part they replaced (dont know which exact version, i dont have a cam):
Link 1

Link 2

Reactions: BCE22

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
Thanks for keeping us posted on the results. Wonder if this had anything to do with the hatch lock recall?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wasn't that a problem opening when driving? I could be mistaken but I don't think that is a related problem. (Also this is a EU car, other side of the ocean)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts