Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just picked up an LG G6 yesterday and it won't connect to my ST1's SYNC. It says that it does and asks to download the phone book and it does and then right after that the ST's display screen says "ford sync Bluetooth audio device connection error" and I cannot stream audio or make/receive phone calls.

Any tips?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Hey guys. I just picked up an LG G6 yesterday and it won't connect to my ST1's SYNC. It says that it does and asks to download the phone book and it does and then right after that the ST's display screen says "ford sync Bluetooth audio device connection error" and I cannot stream audio or make/receive phone calls.

Any tips?
Try to "forget" the Sync system from the phone, then delete the phone profile from the Sync system. Then try again.

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to "forget" the Sync system from the phone, then delete the phone profile from the Sync system. Then try again.
I will give that a shot when I get a chance. I swear Sync is so fickle.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It didnt work.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I just tried a few of these and nothing works. There are still a few on the list I can try. It is a brand new phone and it connects to my fitbit just fine.
That's really odd, good luck.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Have you tried connecting to a different phone? Or pulling the fuse for the stereo, and putting it back?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I figured it out. I checked online and there was a Sync update available for my ST. I swear I updated it like 3-4 months ago. I ran the update and my phone paired just fine. Almost every time there is a pairing issue it is because I need to update my Sync software.

Thanks though guys! I was about to do a master reset on the stereo.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does your Sync have the latest updates?
And is the phone updated?
haha see my previous post. I just got the phone yesterday so it was fully updated. I checked online and indeed there was a Sync update (as usual with connectivity issues) so now I am all squared away.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
haha see my previous post. I just got the phone yesterday so it was fully updated. I checked online and indeed there was a Sync update (as usual with connectivity issues) so now I am all squared away.
Cool! So I was right.. LOL
Good luck, Rock-on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts