Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Based on the glowing reviews I received for Levels FMIC's both here on this forum and in my enthusiasts group, I put an order in on their website for an FMIC on 8/29 and received the confirmation email with my order number. A couple days later I sent a follow up email asking what the general wait time to build and ship the unit. I didn't get a response. I understand he is basically a one man operation and that quality takes time, so I wasn't too concerned.

Now I want to be clear, this is no way a criticism. I get that this guy does custom work, that it is superior quality and fantastic bang for your buck. This is not to "complain" but rather more of a concern as to whether someone has contacted him recently and whether or he is still around.

Last Facebook update was 23 August and my messages to his Facebook page and his website asking for status of my order have been unanswered, and according to those who know him, that's not like him.

So really I'm just looking for someone to put my mind at ease that has talked to him in the last 5 weeks and verify that he is indeed swamped and working to get those orders out.

Also, I'd like input from others. How long should I wait before I get concerned, or should I even get concerned.

Thanks for humoring my paranoia.

·
Registered
113 Posts
he usual takes 2-3 weeks to make the intercooler and have it sent out. He has been doing R & D for the new RS products.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Shoot him a message on facebook I'm sure he will reply as soon as he can. Its just him and I believe one other person that helps him at the moment and yes he's been working on the RS lately so that's been time consuming. But he was on facebook a few hours ago so he's still around.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
@p.opus --- Just an FYI to everyone .. he legit never looks at FB messenger ... and he is a 1 man show on multiple different products and models now. As per the only real way to get a hold of him in shorter notice, is to give him a call. He is more then helpful via the phone.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
This is ... for sure ... the one thing thats changed in today's world.. no one ever picks up a phone anymore ... i think we forget our cell phones can make calls still lol.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@p.opus --- Just an FYI to everyone .. he legit never looks at FB messenger ... and he is a 1 man show on multiple different products and models now. As per the only real way to get a hold of him in shorter notice, is to give him a call. He is more then helpful via the phone.
Thanks for this.

I totally forgot he had a phone number posted on his webpage. I was attempting to get to him via email and facebook....I'll give him a call. Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this.

I totally forgot he had a phone number posted on his webpage. I was attempting to get to him via email and facebook....I'll give him a call. Thanks.
I gave him a call yesterday but he was welding. He said he would call me back. Also, understand he is in Orlando and they are under a Hurricane Warrning right now, so we might want to wait until Sir Matthew bids the State of Florida adeiu. Right now our "focus" should be staying safe for the next 48 to 72 hours.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
This dude is always slinging sparks. He won't leave people hanging.

Reactions: DaKineST

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got it, and it's a beauty. Great work. The only criticism I have is that Nik has to get someone to answer his emails. I phoned him and he had just finished it and was shipping within 48 hours. Got it earlier this week. I was a bit timid to do it myself, but the more I saw the video, the more I figured I could do it. I was a mechanic on Nuclear Power Submarines, so I should be able to do this. It was fairly easy, but still a PITA.

If I had any suggestions it would be for Nik to provide updated instructions now that the FMIC's are direct bolt on. Also, it would have been nice to know that you have to remove the headlights to get to the headlight clips, and you need to remove the stock intercooler to get the AGS out. Also, the 2015/15 is a bit different with the number of torx screws that you need, and you will have some left over, since the intercooler bolts where two of the torx screws go.

Nik said you could do it in an hour, It took me much longer than that. Of course I was on my back and didn't have the benefit of a lift.

Very happy with the quality of the work. It performs beautifully.

20161016_141420_1476643627395.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Finally got it, and it's a beauty. Great work. The only criticism I have is that Nik has to get someone to answer his emails. I phoned him and he had just finished it and was shipping within 48 hours. Got it earlier this week. I was a bit timid to do it myself, but the more I saw the video, the more I figured I could do it. I was a mechanic on Nuclear Power Submarines, so I should be able to do this. It was fairly easy, but still a PITA.

If I had any suggestions it would be for Nik to provide updated instructions now that the FMIC's are direct bolt on. Also, it would have been nice to know that you have to remove the headlights to get to the headlight clips, and you need to remove the stock intercooler to get the AGS out. Also, the 2015/15 is a bit different with the number of torx screws that you need, and you will have some left over, since the intercooler bolts where two of the torx screws go.

Nik said you could do it in an hour, It took me much longer than that. Of course I was on my back and didn't have the benefit of a lift.

Very happy with the quality of the work. It performs beautifully.

View attachment 173145
Well glad you received your intercooler! Actually relieved someone in group buy has, enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was not part of the group buy. I purchased directly from the website. Sorry to disappoint.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How long did it take from time of order?

I ordered on 8/29 and got it mid October so it was about 6 weeks. But I knew it would be awhile going in. He's a one man outfit. The intercooler endcaps and charge pipe connections are hand tig welded.

If I wanted something mass produced, I could have gotten it sooner. Feels kind of special knowing that something on your car was hand made. I was in no hurry to get it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I ordered on 8/29 and got it mid October so it was about 6 weeks. But I knew it would be awhile going in. He's a one man outfit. The intercooler endcaps and charge pipe connections are hand tig welded.

If I wanted something mass produced, I could have gotten it sooner. Feels kind of special knowing that something on your car was hand made. I was in no hurry to get it.
I wonder in what order he's filling orders? I placed my order on 8/4 as part of the group buy and no word yet. Did you get a ship notification when it was on the way?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder in what order he's filling orders? I placed my order on 8/4 as part of the group buy and no word yet. Did you get a ship notification when it was on the way?
I actually had to call him and ask him about my order number. I have found that's the best way. If you go to his website, you'll get the number. give him your order number and ask for status. When I called him, he said that he was getting ready to ship. About 24 to 48 hours after I made contact I got the shipping notification, he shipped the next day and I got it the day after that. (I live in Florida as well, so FedEx ground didn't take long).

I would suggest calling him. You might catch him welding, and he might have to call you back, but I would say keep being persistent but courteous. And really, when you do get it, you pretty much forget about how long it took. It is really a work of art compared to the stock intercooler. It performs brilliantly and the install was pretty straight forward. A pain in the arse if all you have are ramps, but not overly difficult.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Gave him a call at lunch today. Got right through. He said he should be welding it within a week.

One of my main concerns was that I had requested no logo. Per his instructions, I had PM'd him my order number and my no logo request back in August, but never got confirmation that he received the message. I have been afraid that request would get lost in the shuffle. Now I know he's got it noted.

I've been meaning to call, but your message gave me the kick in the butt to make time to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
My order was part of the group buy (paid early August) and today I got the notification that the package has been shipped. I had also requested no logo through PM's on this forum. Never got a response back and I hope that he noted as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My order was part of the group buy (paid early August) and today I got the notification that the package has been shipped. I had also requested no logo through PM's on this forum. Never got a response back and I hope that he noted as well.
Was it an email notification?

1 - 20 of 204 Posts