Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Dry is better than wet on a turbo engine IMHO.

Nitrous doesn't change the air-fuel that much, especially a small shot.

35 hp shot was fine. Damage came with a 50 shot which is 100hp on a turbo car and all in at 3000 rpm plus the engine was back firing.

Progressive control is where its at.

I could use it now, I may at some point it won't really hit until the top of 2nd anyway.

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So a straight 35hp shot with progressive controller and no tune is ok?[/QUOTE]

35hp shot without a controller is fine. The problem is how do fire the system without one? Kits come with a switch but I don't like mounting things around the pedal. There is no cam on the stock throttle body and since progressive control is superior to any other form of nitrous control I spent the extra money.

You can use a button but it looks obvious IMHO. Though Torrie did use the Nitrous in a Bag kit which does come with a coiled button and the solenoid are powered by cig lighter adapter.

The stock turbo is really too small especially on the exhaust side to take advantage of much over 35 hp shot. You need to crank the boost down to use more which actually makes a ton of sense. Going from 21 to say 23 psi is maybe 10-15 hp as the stock turbo is really out of breathe on the stock tune, much less a tuned car. But turning it down to 18 psi and running a 50 hp shot it will likely make 100 hp.

I went dry because you really don't need wet until you can take advantage of it. Plus I have water-methanol injection they do work well together.

·
Registered
53 Posts
This thread is very old, but any updates from the nitrous guys? Curious about running a 35 shot into the intake tract before the turbo. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I did this. It works fine. At some point I want to test inlet temp reduction which is one of the benefits. I would not recommend more than a 35 hp shot, because the exhaust housing is too small to support more.

Back pressure is the issue and only fixed with a larger turbo.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts