Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other then spy shots I can not find any reliable information and. Was wondering if anyone can shed some light on it. Also does anyone know when they will show the world the 2018 Ford Focus ST? Go

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
The new Fiesta ST has been shown. I like the new taillights.

Sent from another garage.
Agreed. And the high spoke count wheels I really liked, but I don't know how reliably the ones on tester cars are seen on production cars.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Agreed. And the high spoke count wheels I really liked, but I don't know how reliably the ones on tester cars are seen on production cars.
I think I know what wheels your talking about. I really dig them over the snowflakes we have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I think I know what wheels your talking about. I really dig them over the snowflakes we have

They look similar to the previous gen RS wheels but slightly more rounded and modern than the flat spoke look of the RS. Which look great and would be awesome if the ST had them in 2018.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So the FiST will very likely have the 3-cyl 1.0 Ecoboost (which the Formula Ford racer tuned to 205hp). If they can more than double the hp on a normal 3-cyl 1.0EB, I wonder if the FoST will get the 1.5EB??

·
Registered
816 Posts
So the FiST will very likely have the 3-cyl 1.0 Ecoboost (which the Formula Ford racer tuned to 205hp). If they can more than double the hp on a normal 3-cyl 1.0EB, I wonder if the FoST will get the 1.5EB??
I really hope not. They should keep the 2.0 and add a twin scroll and get rid of the stupid headifold design

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I really hope not. They should keep the 2.0 and add a twin scroll and get rid of the stupid headifold design

Currently the 2.0 Ecoboost is a crazy good popular motor and Ford uses them in how many millions of vehicles lol. That being said the new twin scroll version of it going in the Edge is one mean contender. They would need to tune it interestingly for FoST implementation though...they said it has way more bottom end torque than the current 2.0...which means even MORE roasting of tires than ours does stock.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Speaking of the Fiesta, are we even sure it's coming to the US?

Ford Won't Commit to the New Fiesta in America

TTAC seems to think they might just give all the idiots here another crossover in the form of the tiny Ford EcoSport instead.

·
Registered
2015 ST3, no sunroof, Koenig Oversteers
254 Posts
The info I've read says that the next-gen Focus will a 2019 model. If true, I don't expect any changes to the 2018 ST.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Speaking of the Fiesta, are we even sure it's coming to the US?

Ford Won't Commit to the New Fiesta in America

TTAC seems to think they might just give all the idiots here another crossover in the form of the tiny Ford EcoSport instead.
Sounds exactly what may be the case. Nobody wants tiny cars here and it shows through sales numbers. Fiesta, Mazda2, Spark, Yaris, Fit, 500 ... there's barely any money to be made on these tiny things in North America.

I'm blown away they continue on with the Fiesta here, and yet have been behind with bringing out their CUV (EcoSport) which is based on the Fiesta. Sales for that segment (CUV) have exploded and Ford has taken their sweet time bringing it to the North American market.

The info I've read says that the next-gen Focus will a 2019 model. If true, I don't expect any changes to the 2018 ST.
I wonder if they are starting from scratch with the new gen Focus (new platform/chassis) or if its cosmetic/engine/transmission options. They for sure need to give it a good automatic transmission this time around.

In any case, the ST won't come out right away with this new Focus redesign. The current Focus came out in what, 2011? The ST didn't come about till the 2013 model year.

I am however interested for information on the MY2018 Focus ST, if Ford makes any changes even just one new color option etc. I'm interested to see. I saw a MY2017 in a yellow color that wasn't Tangerine, it looked like the same yellow from the Mustang. I didn't like it.

·
Registered
816 Posts
He was talking about the Fiesta ST.

Sent from another garage.
I was referring to his comment on a FoST maybe having a 1.5 ecoboost

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Cool a## commercial
Except like they are saying in the comments- It can't even outrun a bmx bike. I consider this a slight fail by Ford to be honest. I also hate commercials that are constant cut scenes and don't let you take a good look at anything. I like the idea of the commercial, I don't like the production of it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts