Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post-up the pile of parts that you have waiting to be installed.
My ST gets stored for the Winter, so I gather-up parts to be installed in the spring. Here's what I have waiting to go on in a couple of months. Let's see yours.
Mountune ST/RS high flow Intake Kit that I got from @junits15. I sanded it down and resprayed it with Rustoleum Hammered Gloss Black.
DSC00116 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Next is a replacement for my broken windshield washer cap. This is a two-piece 3D-printed part that I found on Etsy. The base silicones into the tank spout, then the cap screws in.
DSC00114 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Magnaflow 6"x18" muffler that will get cut into my catback to hopefully quiet it down a little bit. Once I added my downpipe, it got a little too loud for my aging ear drums.
DSC00115 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I picked up this set of replacement mirror caps with the intention of painting them gloss black. These were less expensive than replacements from Ford, so I'll take a chance with them. The fake carbon fiber doesn't look half-bad on the top, so I've taped them off and will only spray the front portion black, then clear everything. If they look OK, they'll go on, if not, I'll respray all black.
DSC00112 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A set of Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Pods in yellow to replace the halogen fog lights. I normally wouldn't spend that kind of money on fog lights, but I picked these up on sale along with a set of their clear protective covers.
DSC00109 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A fresh set of blue script Rally Armors to replace the grey ones that have been on the car since new. Old ones are still in great shape, so they'll be going up for sale.
DSC00106 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A set of Torque Solution Exhaust Hangers will go on while I'm modding the cat-back. These were cheaper that Mountune and Cobb, so I'll give them a try.
DSC00110 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A fresh set of plugs. Trying the Rutheniums this year instead of the Iridium IXs that I've been running for years.
DSC00111 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Brembo calipers, rotors, and TCE stainless lines on the front with Powerstop Z17 Evolution Plus brake pads front and rear.
20220102_172547 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I found these Volk Racing 2-piece lug nuts on Amazon. They have an internal socket with a blue anodized cap that threads-in and seals with an o ring. I think that they might be too tall for my liking, so they may be up for sale. I have a set of my old stand-by Gorillas on hand as a backup in case I don't like these.
DSC00107 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00108 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Freshly powder coated wheels are getting dropped-off next week to have the PSSs remounted. I did end up using the 2-piece aluminum valve stems discussed in another thread.
DSC00105 by Michael Read, on Flickr
And then there's this project. The mid crossmember was a little too close to my downpipe for my comfort, so I cut a notch in it for added clearance, and I've sectioned a second one that I bought to have welded to the original to get the strength back. I don't know if this was 100% necessary, but it was a fun little project, and I'll have plenty of clearance now.
DSC00097 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00100 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00103 by Michael Read, on Flickr

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
899 Posts
Nice! I have a pile started, but I am nowhere as organized as you, haha. Have a CVF catted downpipe, Whoosh downpipe mount and exhaust hangers, jack rail kit from the last group buy here on the forum.
Just need some new o2 sensors, v-band clamp and some warmer weather!
Also need to find some new fair weather wheels, keeping my eyes peeled.

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
Post-up the pile of parts that you have waiting to be installed.
My ST gets stored for the Winter, so I gather-up parts to be installed in the spring. Here's what I have waiting to go on in a couple of months. Let's see yours.
Mountune ST/RS high flow Intake Kit that I got from @junits15. I sanded it down and resprayed it with Rustoleum Hammered Gloss Black.
DSC00116 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Next is a replacement for my broken windshield washer cap. This is a two-piece 3D-printed part that I found on Etsy. The base silicones into the tank spout, then the cap screws in.
DSC00114 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Magnaflow 6"x18" muffler that will get cut into my catback to hopefully quiet it down a little bit. Once I added my downpipe, it got a little too loud for my aging ear drums.
DSC00115 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I picked up this set of replacement mirror caps with the intention of painting them gloss black. These were less expensive than replacements from Ford, so I'll take a chance with them. The fake carbon fiber doesn't look half-bad on the top, so I've taped them off and will only spray the front portion black, then clear everything. If they look OK, they'll go on, if not, I'll respray all black.
DSC00112 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A set of Diode Dynamics SS3 LED Pods in yellow to replace the halogen fog lights. I normally wouldn't spend that kind of money on fog lights, but I picked these up on sale along with a set of their clear protective covers.
DSC00109 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A fresh set of blue script Rally Armors to replace the grey ones that have been on the car since new. Old ones are still in great shape, so they'll be going up for sale.
DSC00106 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A set of Torque Solution Exhaust Hangers will go on while I'm modding the cat-back. These were cheaper that Mountune and Cobb, so I'll give them a try.
DSC00110 by Michael Read, on Flickr
A fresh set of plugs. Trying the Rutheniums this year instead of the Iridium IXs that I've been running for years.
DSC00111 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Brembo calipers, rotors, and TCE stainless lines on the front with Powerstop Z17 Evolution Plus brake pads front and rear.
20220102_172547 by Michael Read, on Flickr
I found these Volk Racing 2-piece lug nuts on Amazon. They have an internal socket with a blue anodized cap that threads-in and seals with an o ring. I think that they might be too tall for my liking, so they may be up for sale. I have a set of my old stand-by Gorillas on hand as a backup in case I don't like these.
DSC00107 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00108 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Freshly powder coated wheels are getting dropped-off next week to have the PSSs remounted. I did end up using the 2-piece aluminum valve stems discussed in another thread.
DSC00105 by Michael Read, on Flickr
And then there's this project. The mid crossmember was a little too close to my downpipe for my comfort, so I cut a notch in it for added clearance, and I've sectioned a second one that I bought to have welded to the original to get the strength back. I don't know if this was 100% necessary, but it was a fun little project, and I'll have plenty of clearance now.
DSC00097 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00100 by Michael Read, on Flickr
DSC00103 by Michael Read, on Flickr
Just one picture for my stack; the V-Band clamp and Fire Ring just came in today. Just waiting on the Tial Q BOV, which I had ordered from Edge, but it hadn't shipped in over a week so I called to check on it; back ordered until sometime in February. So I canceled the order and found that Jegs had some and ordered from them; it already shipped as of about an hour ago.
Table Drinkware Automotive design Gas Tap

And here's me giving myself a stern look for frivilous spending.
Forehead Cheek Jaw T-shirt Wrinkle

Now the wait for installation weather.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
899 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Got off my lazy ass and took a picture.

·
Premium Member
2016 ST1
414 Posts
I don't have a lot anymore but...

TB Front and Rear Traction bars
FUFF Purge Mod
Spectre Airbox Mod (Waiting for warm weather to make a custom snorkel for the grill)
New Steering Wheel
Hose is for CC Catch can, need to mount them in better spots
I also ordered Mountune Clubsport Suspension, they said they are in stock (asked before I ordered) so we will see if they actually ship in a timely manner.

Window Wood Electrical wiring Curtain Audio equipment

·
Registered
2016 ST2
170 Posts
Black Automotive tire Electronic instrument Bumper Wood

Posted in the what did you do today thread also earlier this week.

-Radium catch can (PCV side)
-Garrett FMIC
-Steeda accelerator pedal spacer
-Steeda clutch spring
-JBR short shifter
-Cobb RMM
-MRT res delete
-Steeda oil separator (crankcase side)
-NGK rutheniums to go with AP that's already installed with Monster tune

Now i'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Also, @ddfred your selfie posted gigantic in size and is terrifying.

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
View attachment 399741

Posted in the what did you do today thread also earlier this week.

-Radium catch can (PCV side)
-Garrett FMIC
-Steeda accelerator pedal spacer
-Steeda clutch spring
-JBR short shifter
-Cobb RMM
-MRT res delete
-Steeda oil separator (crankcase side)
-NGK rutheniums to go with AP that's already installed with Monster tune

Now i'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Also, @ddfred your selfie posted gigantic in size and is terrifying.
I warned you...it's a stern look...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Except for a downpipe and the 17x9 RPF1s, all the good stuff is on Pepper now (okay, the other 4 sets of wheels aren't all installed at the same time, but you get the idea). The rest of the parts are spares. I might switch back & forth between various sway bars and springs as I experiment with autox setups... Pepper is not nearly as biased for oversteer as @freakin_elrod's sh*tbox, but we're also doing different things with tire pressures.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
829 Posts
I have my Brembo big brake kit gathering dust for the last 3.5 years. Along with 19" wheels. Stainless brake hoses. Mountune radiator, RS shifter, front sway bar, new intake build up. Gas pedal spacer. RS seats. Stainless clutch hose. Toe and camber rear arms. Rear wing extension. Rear brake blinker. FMIC water sprayer. Spectra kit for air filter box. Solid mount for shifter and cables and some other stuff that I'll remember later. Oh, titanium plates for brake pads and turbo to insulate it from the head port. New speakers and subwoofer. I need a break I'll continue later.

• Wow
Reactions: MtnMan

·
Registered
2016 Magnetic Metallic ST3
313 Posts
I've got a cpe stage2 RMM and a depo catless downpipe to install still. I've been flip flopping on doing either.
I did finally get my spec D taillights and installed those though. Who knows what will happen in the summer. :)

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Except for a downpipe and the 17x9 RPF1s, all the good stuff is on Pepper now (okay, the other 4 sets of wheels aren't all installed at the same time, but you get the idea). The rest of the parts are spares. I might switch back & forth between various sway bars and springs as I experiment with autox setups... Pepper is not nearly as biased for oversteer as @freakin_elrod's sh*tbox, but we're also doing different things with tire pressures.
Mine is similar with various types of the top tier 200 tw tires, spare coilover dampers/parts, sway bars, and a f*ck ton of 2.5 ID coilover springs with spring rates ranging from 7k to 18k.

Reactions: gemery

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I have my Brembo big brake kit gathering dust for the last 3.5 years. Along with 19" wheels. Stainless brake hoses. Mountune radiator, RS shifter, front sway bar, new intake build up. Gas pedal spacer. RS seats. Stainless clutch hose. Toe and camber rear arms. Rear wing extension. Rear brake blinker. FMIC water sprayer. Spectra kit for air filter box. Solid mount for shifter and cables and some other stuff that I'll remember later. Oh, titanium plates for brake pads and turbo to insulate it from the head port. New speakers and subwoofer. I need a break I'll continue later.
😂 I thought my pile was big...
  • Mountune radiator & hoses
  • Front sway bar & endlinks
  • Android tablet & dash mount to run various gauges via the Torque Pro app

Reactions: STallion18

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Y'all are too patient. I have nothing but an Oil Catch Can sitting in my garage awaiting install. When I get a part, I'm itching to install it day 1. I was out in my garage yesterday, 21 degrees outside, trying to work out a mounting solution for this catch can.

·
Super Moderator
11,498 Posts
Y'all are too patient. I have nothing but an Oil Catch Can sitting in my garage awaiting install. When I get a part, I'm itching to install it day 1. I was out in my garage yesterday, 21 degrees outside, trying to work out a mounting solution for this catch can.
When I was younger (and more impatient) I probably would have done the same; these days, when it's cold out, I'm not spending any more time outside than is absolutely necessary.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,180 Posts
When I was younger (and more impatient) I probably would have done the same; these days, when it's cold out, I'm not spending any more time outside than is absolutely necessary.
Install your stack of parts, dont hold out!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts