1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Damn. Curious who tuned it? If you'd rather not say I'll understand.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Tuned by Stratified. The car is a 2016, this is the original motor from the car. There is a second stock motor that replaced this one in the car now that also lost cylinder 1. After the build he's going JST. Both motors on stock turbo.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got all the parts ordered today. Motor spec will be Manley piston/rods, King bearings, new oil pump, timing chains, guides and tensioner. Block checked out and was cleaned up and final honed. Head taken apart and cleaned. Crank is being keyed and will be balanced.

Pistons/rods $835
OEM parts $335
Bearings/ARP $326
Machine shop $147
Crank keying $40
Miscellaneous $25
We made it with a price of $1708. Assembly will start next week. Will update as it comes along

·
Registered
651 Posts
Got all the parts ordered today. Motor spec will be Manley piston/rods, King bearings, new oil pump, timing chains, guides and tensioner. Block checked out and was cleaned up and final honed. Head taken apart and cleaned. Crank is being keyed and will be balanced.

Pistons/rods $835
OEM parts $335
Bearings/ARP $326
Machine shop $147
Crank keying $40
Miscellaneous $25
We made it with a price of $1708. Assembly will start next week. Will update as it comes along
Hoping for a successful build with no roadblocks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Used motors are easy to find.

Fusion, Edge, Escape. Millions built between 2014-2016. Yards tend to charge a premium for Focus ST engines, it's not necessary to have one. My engine cost $550 delivered, from a '16 Fusion with 14,110 on it.

They sold the turbo off it, again you don't need it.

I found eight engines on car-parts.com from $440-$525 (2014-2016 Escape 2.0L Turbo)

Failing that a new block from Ford (Tasca Ford) is $608. I highly recommend getting another running engines and build that one up. It will take you less than a weekend to do a complete swap.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Used motors are easy to find.

Fusion, Edge, Escape. Millions built between 2014-2016. Yards tend to charge a premium for Focus ST engines, it's not necessary to have one. My engine cost $550 delivered, from a '16 Fusion with 14,110 on it.

They sold the turbo off it, again you don't need it.

I found eight engines on car-parts.com from $440-$525 (2014-2016 Escape 2.0L Turbo)

Failing that a new block from Ford (Tasca Ford) is $608. I highly recommend getting another running engines and build that one up. It will take you less than a weekend to do a complete swap.
Great info, thanks! I have heard not to get a "ST" motor just because they are harder to find and they cost more because of that, the block is the same.

My plan some day is to find a motor and build the 2.3 stroker kit into it. maybe when i hit 200k and want a fresh motor :)

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Gotta love playing the waiting game...

1 - 20 of 108 Posts