Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say you're leaving town for a few weeks and no time to wash your filthy car. What's worse, using an automatic wash tunnel or letting your car sit dirty?

Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Say you're leaving town for a few weeks and no time to wash your filthy car. What's worse, using an automatic wash tunnel or letting your car sit dirty?

Opinions?
Is it salt? If yes, then just use a TOUCHLESS automatic wash to spray the salt off and get the underspray. Don't get the stupid awful wax or sealant because that strips your paint.

If it's just muddy then sitting won't hurt it really unless it'll possibly be touched or brushed against or something.

Edit: I use the budget automatic touchless wash option all the time in the winter to get salt off when it's too cold to do it myself. Does a pi$$ poor job of washing, but it gets the salt off, that's what is important.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
^^what he said. If it's mud it doesn't really matter as long as you don't rub it into the paint somehow before you get to washing it. Had a similiar situation with mine not long ago, cleaned up nicely.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it salt? If yes, then just use a TOUCHLESS automatic wash to spray the salt off and get the underspray. Don't get the stupid awful wax or sealant because that strips your paint.

If it's just muddy then sitting won't hurt it really unless it'll possibly be touched or brushed against or something.

Edit: I use the budget automatic touchless wash option all the time in the winter to get salt off when it's too cold to do it myself. Does a pi$$ poor job of washing, but it gets the salt off, that's what is important.
Yeah, it my case, it was a mixture of salt, dirt, road chemicals, probably some acid rain that mix too. I came to the same conclusion and got it touchless washed. Too bad most budget was tunnels come with a bonus wheel scratch with your order.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yeah, it my case, it was a mixture of salt, dirt, road chemicals, probably some acid rain that mix too. I came to the same conclusion and got it touchless washed. Too bad most budget was tunnels come with a bonus wheel scratch with your order.
Yeah that's a HUGE nope. Touchless only. Good call to get rid of that gross salt and other no-nos.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
just use water and rinse the car off. Enproblem with touch less washes is the strength of the chemicals they use. You don't know what they are using and some are strong enough to strip sealants.

·
Registered
768 Posts
As mentioned...unless it's salt, leave dirty Hands down. This was not a "lesser of two evils" kinda question. :p it was a no brainer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts