Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Focus ST..cobb all kinds of everything..gtx2867r..343whp.2 separate protunes..my baby right here..just hit 45k with a full synthetic change at 44.5k. With no leaks...unless while driving and the oil didn't burn off..I would have smelled something or have noticed massive amounts smoke..In all seriousness, what in the world could cause my vehicle to evaporate that much oil in about 500 miles. With no noticeable leaks, there was like zero oil.??? My car doesn't see the rain. Pls advise

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,305 Posts
They just didn't reset the oil life monitor.

1. Turn the ignition key to position II, If your vehicle has push-start button, press and hold the ” Start” for two seconds without touching the brake pedal. Next, simultaneously press the GAS PEDAL and the BRAKE PEDAL and hold it for a minimum of 20 seconds, until a “Service: Oil reset in prog. message shows in the dash”
  2. Once it completes (takes 15-20 seconds), it will tell you the monitor has been reset.

·
Registered
445 Posts
2014 Focus ST..cobb all kinds of everything..gtx2867r..343whp.2 separate protunes..my baby right here..just hit 45k with a full synthetic change at 44.5k. With no leaks...unless while driving and the oil didn't burn off..I would have smelled something or have noticed massive amounts smoke..In all seriousness, what in the world could cause my vehicle to evaporate that much oil in about 500 miles. With no noticeable leaks, there was like zero oil.??? My car doesn't see the rain. Pls advise
So... please clarify.

Did the light come on in the instrument cluster, or did you check the level and note there’s nothing showing on the stick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yea im alil confused, it sounds like your light just wasnt reset, and your assuming that means your oil is low, or did you actually look and see ypur oil low. Cause you dont say that anywhere.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Im guessing from the fact the OP didnt respond yet but at the moment of post seemed quite concerned; that he wasnt low on oil at all. This brings me to my next point, how does someone that has a big turbo focus, thats their "baby"? Not know what the oil monitor light is, and also more to that point, why wouldnt they get out and actually check the oil? Cause from the sound of his first post, he figured that the light on his dash meant he had lost all of his oil, he never stated that he had to add a qt or 4 qts, so im just alil confused. Is anyone else here thinking what im thinking and just not saying it?

Reactions: Bladesje

·
Registered
445 Posts
Im guessing from the fact the OP didnt respond yet but at the moment of post seemed quite concerned; that he wasnt low on oil at all. This brings me to my next point, how does someone that has a big turbo focus, thats their "baby"? Not know what the oil monitor light is, and also more to that point, why wouldnt they get out and actually check the oil? Cause from the sound of his first post, he figured that the light on his dash meant he had lost all of his oil, he never stated that he had to add a qt or 4 qts, so im just alil confused. Is anyone else here thinking what im thinking and just not saying it?
Are you using logic and reason here? Cause I’m pretty sure the OP drunk posted and realized it after we started replying.

BTW... I was thinking something along the lines of; He must have someone advise him and do all the work for him because this post doesn’t really make sense but... whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
So many questions here... Did the light just come on, was there not any oil on the dipstick, or did the engine seize? More importantly, who killed Colonel Mustard?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts