Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my sunroof open all day today luckily i was under a tree but its still soaked im an idiot! No electronics got wet but my st3 recaros were soaked i dried them off beat i could and tm its supposed to be nice out im gonna shop vac the interior.. Idk what else to do i feel like a dehumidifier may hurt the seats... Im just worried about my seats to be honest ik i can dry the interior out.. You guys think my seats will be ok? I know they are leather but if they got soaked through the stiching or something im probably just panicing!

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I would buy some leather conditioner and use the crap out of it. The foam underneath should be fine, just condition the leather a ton.

·
Super Moderator
8,068 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
If it were me, I'd think about pulling the seats and letting them dry outside the car; just don't subject them to too much heat while they're still moist (i.e. no full sun). This will also make it easier to dry the rest of the interior. Again, if it were me, I'd be more worried about the carpet/padding retaining moisture and causing mold/mildew than I would the seats. The seats should be perfectly fine after drying out and getting conditioned. Just give it multiple leather conditioner treatments with a few days in between each treatment to ensure good absorption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
l3rewski
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing