Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen hundreds of videos of people converting their low beams to led, only because I have been searching for people converting their high beams to leds. However, I have not found a single video on the high beam conversion to led.
What the hell kind of light did they put in there? I looked it up and it's literally a $3 light bulb? The OSRAM GERMANY H1. They are complete crap. I can see about 50-70 feet if that with my high beams on and and about 30-40 with my low beams. I am consistently switching back and forth because I can't tell the high beams are on. Completely worthless headlights on this car from the factory.
Car is brand new, so I know there's nothing wrong with the projector, so I bought an led conversion kit for h1 bulbs and I have no idea how it is possibly supposed to stay in the socket or plug in. Any responses are welcome, thanks for the replies in advance.

Edit: found a video, turns out you need, not only the led conversion kit, but a high beam adapter as well.

Edit... again....
You can buy the adapters, both the wiring harness and the holders, from amazon for about $18. I'm not sure if you need the adapters for anything other than the xenonhid nova series h1 led conversion kit, which is what I purchased.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case you dont want to read that wall of text.
I found out you need an adapter. The holder adapter and wiring harness adapter can be purchased from amazon for about $18. Not too bad. You need both if you are using the xenonhid nova series h1 led headlight conversion kit. I'm not sure of any other brands or what they require to install.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can you post pics or videos and or a link to the holders and wiring harnesses from Amazon because I’m having the same aggravating issues with trying to find bright led high beams, I currently have 4500 lm each low beams but I had to switch over to a halogen highbeams because the low beams overpower my highbeams, so I’m trying to find some sort of attachment to where my high beams can be twice as bright as my low beams since they all turn on at the same time when the highbeams are on.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
My 2017 uses H1 High beam Bulbs. I am running 100w Hella H1 Yellows (HLA-H83115061) off Ebay for $26.00 a pair, and have been working excellent for 3 months, Much better than the stock 55w H1 Bulbs. Not LED but very bright.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm running h1 LEDs in my high beam reflector housing. He has to my h1 bulb retainers since the factory bulb retainer has the plug incorporated into it there for the LED bulb housing cannot pass through. Put all the Palmer chainers I found are cheap flimsy 3D printed parts. Tried to modify them and they broke. I ended up breaking off some tabs on the back of my reflector housing and epoxying the LED adapter ring directly to the housing. Been like that for about a year now works great. however we aware that with the LED lights that I used the h1 bulbs passed through the light ring through a metal piece with a slide in it. Therefore you can't rotate the bulb to adjust European pattern. So if you do this I suggest dremeling out the slot to make it round so you can rotate the bulb.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm running h1 LEDs in my high beam reflector housing. He has to my h1 bulb retainers since the factory bulb retainer has the plug incorporated into it there for the LED bulb housing cannot pass through. Put all the Palmer chainers I found are cheap flimsy 3D printed parts. Tried to modify them and they broke. I ended up breaking off some tabs on the back of my reflector housing and epoxying the LED adapter ring directly to the housing. Been like that for about a year now works great. however we aware that with the LED lights that I used the h1 bulbs passed through the light ring through a metal piece with a slide in it. Therefore you can't rotate the bulb to adjust European pattern. So if you do this I suggest dremeling out the slot to make it round so you can rotate the bulb.
Do you have a ST2 or 3? Or, which housings do you have? Mine does not look like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts