Ford Focus ST Forum banner

LED door sill plate from ford

33K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  Mzdrati 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Sweet now I can match my underglow!

#5 ·
They are cool. Just not sure if they are $200 cool.

Reactions: LukeHub17
#11 ·
For those of you looking, I just ordered a set last week from the dealer. These were previously available only from Trevor in the UK. They just came out last week in the Ford accessories catalog. Cost at my dealership is $195. Part# DM5Z-54132A08-F. Here's the catch: my service manager (trusted poster on this site) informed me this week there is now a pending design/engineering change. The parts are now on backorder due to the change. So who knows when they will be here. I am leaving my order in; even though this is a total NON-essential part, I just think they are cool. Maybe it's my age...:) And I like to get parts nobody else has, like the ignition button, door edge protectors, hood vents, etc. I am in conversation with Trevor for some of those parts-expensive when you consider the conversion rate, and shipping.
Eric

#12 ·
Expensive but still a very cool add, especially if you are holding back on performance stuff. :)

Please keep us informed on when you get yours! Also, i wonder what type of wiring needs to be done for them to turn off when the door shuts or is it a sensor?

#18 ·
Well, more good news and more bad news. Before I forget, the previous photo is courtesy of Brandon from OEMSelectAutoParts. I think it's oemselect.com. The last update from my dealer is the same-nothing new. Brandon has informed me he has not received a restock order for the plates either, so he assumes that they are indeed up for a design/engineering change. Time frame could be limitless, so I think I may just get a refund for now. I have other "toys" I have my eye on. I had not previously seen these (actual pics) anywhere online, and every printout or schematic, whether it be from the UK or in the states, always shows what looked similar to our existing plates. I thought it would be excellent if they used LEDs in the arrows and "ST" emblem. Maybe they really didn't have a pic to show the illuminated ones? Well, they actually look very plain to me. Especially for $200 bucks. But for some reason I love having something nobody else has. As of now, only a rare few got a chance to get them. Oh well...

Eric

#19 ·
Update-for those of you who had the chance to purchase some, or still have some on order, we now know the reason they were sent back for a design/engineering change. Over the weekend, Brandon (mentioned in my previous post), had one of his sill/scuff plates fail internally, and a cloud of smoke appeared inside his vehicle. He had a bad electrical smell, and the fuse for his interior lights/windows was blown. I know some of the ST owners have the pigtails for the harness pre-installed, but I believe the US spec cars do not. My tech and I read over the installation instructions of the plates for either a Fiesta or Titanium (sorry, can't remember), and it involves running wiring to the fuse box. Well, there's where the problem probably occurred. Brandon says newly designed plates will be available 1/27/14. But I'm definitely a little wary now. Maybe I will quit trying to get to some of these mods first...haha.

#21 ·
That sucks. Your original thought (st and arrows lit up) was very exciting!

#22 · (Edited)
Yeah the original ones from europe are the only ones worth having imo. Any updates on someone getting these?

#28 ·
#29 ·
Wish they would show a pic of the actual product.Wonder why they went with a white led glow vs the red led,last i looked my st lettering on the door sill is in red.

#31 ·
I saw that too, I wonder if it's a white LED going through the red door sill logo, making the overall image appear red, or if the overall image will in fact be white. May pull the trigger on them anyways, just gotta wait for more funds

Sent from my iPhone using FocusSTorg

#33 ·
Nope

#36 ·
Reviving this old post. I received a set of these (Ford Part No: DM5Z-54132A08-F) as a gift... I was unsure about whether I'd like them or not. Anyone that has them please post a picture. I do not think I can return them as it's a gift from a friend who expects me to install them.

#38 ·
Still haven't installed these sill plates, but I'm thinking about doing so as a winter project. The instructions state that you have to pull 2 plugs from the BCM, and cut a wire on each and connect / splice the wires from the sill plates to them. I'm not wild about that concept, as my car is under warranty, and messing with any module in this car makes me nervous.

Can anyone comment on the safety of removing connectors from the BCM (obviously I'd unplug the battery first). I wonder if there is a different way to do this that does not involve unplugging connectors from the BCM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.