Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sweet now I can match my underglow!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hope these fit, really tempted in picking up a set.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
They are cool. Just not sure if they are $200 cool.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I had a set of these on order awhile back from my local dealer. At first they told me they were on back order, then they told me that they couldn't get them at all and that they were available in Europe only.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For those of you looking, I just ordered a set last week from the dealer. These were previously available only from Trevor in the UK. They just came out last week in the Ford accessories catalog. Cost at my dealership is $195. Part# DM5Z-54132A08-F. Here's the catch: my service manager (trusted poster on this site) informed me this week there is now a pending design/engineering change. The parts are now on backorder due to the change. So who knows when they will be here. I am leaving my order in; even though this is a total NON-essential part, I just think they are cool. Maybe it's my age...:) And I like to get parts nobody else has, like the ignition button, door edge protectors, hood vents, etc. I am in conversation with Trevor for some of those parts-expensive when you consider the conversion rate, and shipping.
Eric

·
Registered
504 Posts
For those of you looking, I just ordered a set last week from the dealer. These were previously available only from Trevor in the UK. They just came out last week in the Ford accessories catalog. Cost at my dealership is $195. Part# DM5Z-54132A08-F. Here's the catch: my service manager (trusted poster on this site) informed me this week there is now a pending design/engineering change. The parts are now on backorder due to the change. So who knows when they will be here. I am leaving my order in; even though this is a total NON-essential part, I just think they are cool. Maybe it's my age...:) And I like to get parts nobody else has, like the ignition button, door edge protectors, hood vents, etc. I am in conversation with Trevor for some of those parts-expensive when you consider the conversion rate, and shipping.
Eric
Expensive but still a very cool add, especially if you are holding back on performance stuff. :)

Please keep us informed on when you get yours! Also, i wonder what type of wiring needs to be done for them to turn off when the door shuts or is it a sensor?

·
Registered
118 Posts
They work off the interior lights, if you look under the plastic trim in your door sill and lift the carpet back a bit you'll see a small black plug, this where it plugs in. Trace that back it goes to the footwell lights.

Only 1 wire goes to the footwell the other must be a ground.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Wonder if ST1's are pre wired as well.

I would consider these IF they came out with blue LED instead.

Anyone who buys them, can you see how hard it is to get to the LED's? I don't mind changing them out.

·
Registered
556 Posts
They work off the interior lights, if you look under the plastic trim in your door sill and lift the carpet back a bit you'll see a small black plug, this where it plugs in. Trace that back it goes to the footwell lights.

Only 1 wire goes to the footwell the other must be a ground.
Hmm, I've had the complete harness out of my ST2 and no extra plug there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, more good news and more bad news. Before I forget, the previous photo is courtesy of Brandon from OEMSelectAutoParts. I think it's oemselect.com. The last update from my dealer is the same-nothing new. Brandon has informed me he has not received a restock order for the plates either, so he assumes that they are indeed up for a design/engineering change. Time frame could be limitless, so I think I may just get a refund for now. I have other "toys" I have my eye on. I had not previously seen these (actual pics) anywhere online, and every printout or schematic, whether it be from the UK or in the states, always shows what looked similar to our existing plates. I thought it would be excellent if they used LEDs in the arrows and "ST" emblem. Maybe they really didn't have a pic to show the illuminated ones? Well, they actually look very plain to me. Especially for $200 bucks. But for some reason I love having something nobody else has. As of now, only a rare few got a chance to get them. Oh well...

Eric

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update-for those of you who had the chance to purchase some, or still have some on order, we now know the reason they were sent back for a design/engineering change. Over the weekend, Brandon (mentioned in my previous post), had one of his sill/scuff plates fail internally, and a cloud of smoke appeared inside his vehicle. He had a bad electrical smell, and the fuse for his interior lights/windows was blown. I know some of the ST owners have the pigtails for the harness pre-installed, but I believe the US spec cars do not. My tech and I read over the installation instructions of the plates for either a Fiesta or Titanium (sorry, can't remember), and it involves running wiring to the fuse box. Well, there's where the problem probably occurred. Brandon says newly designed plates will be available 1/27/14. But I'm definitely a little wary now. Maybe I will quit trying to get to some of these mods first...haha.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts