Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an issue with their ST sucking up leaves like a vacuum cleaner? I had to clean out in front of the intercooler each of the past 3 days.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm always cleaning leaves out of the engine compartment where they come in from the top of the hood and little leaves that get stuck in the metal roof rail/cover things, but I haven't had any issues with them getting sucked in. Are you driving through leaf piles? lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm always cleaning leaves out of the engine compartment where they come in from the top of the hood and little leaves that get stuck in the metal roof rail/cover things, but I haven't had any issues with them getting sucked in. Are you driving through leaf piles? lol
They are all over the road here falling like crazy. It looks like I drove through a leaf pile though!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Every car I have ever owned sucks up leaves like crazy. Nom nom nom.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Its that time of year.

You could get some of that steel grille mesh and put it between your grille and intercooler to keep the stuff out of your intercooler fins. I did this on my track car to keep pieces of rubber and rocks from hitting my radiator. I simply cut a piece sized to fit and zip tied it in. Its behind the fascia so you can't see that it is zip tied and my radiator fins look like new after 3 years of tracking. Should work for leaves just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts