Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have read somewhere on here about a coolant leak after installing a bigger turbo. I recently installed the speed by design red kit. And the coolant return line has a small leak that just wont stop. Iv tried getting back under there to tighten it but its as tight as it will get. This is where it is leaking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had slow leaks on both coolant and oil lines, though I purposefully left them loose knowing that a leak is a simpler fix than a stripped block.

My only advice is be certain that you're aligned properly in the threads, and DO NOT over tighten if it's already immobile.

At one point I thought I couldnt go tighter, but I got away with a few more fraction of a turn and it sealed it now for 6 months without issue.

If it's at a joint on the block, proceed with caution. If its somewhere else connecting one line to another with stainless threads, just rip on it until it stops leaking.

Aluminum & torque don't mix. Be careful.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had slow leaks on both coolant and oil lines, though I purposefully left them loose knowing that a leak is a simpler fix than a stripped block.

My only advice is be certain that you're aligned properly in the threads, and DO NOT over tighten if it's already immobile.

At one point I thought I couldnt go tighter, but I got away with a few more fraction of a turn and it sealed it now for 6 months without issue.

If it's at a joint on the block, proceed with caution. If its somewhere else connecting one line to another with stainless threads, just rip on it until it stops leaking.

Aluminum & torque don't mix. Be careful.

Best of luck.
Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leaked stopped. Lol. As long as i dont have my coolant sitting on the MAX line, it doesnt leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts