Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car former known as the joker

Delivery day - Largest C.O.D bill I've ever signed for. The car was christened Fergus The Focus and I was on my merry way...

On my merry way across Canada from Vancouver to Montreal with a 1000 mile detour to Portland SF LA Vegas Chicago and Boston. I packed my life into the "yellow taxi" and left home. Oh, but not without saying good bye to an old friend first.

Entering California

Heading to LA coasting downhill on the I-5

Hollywood

Overlooking Burbank

suspenseful drive to Vegas

Arizona

Utah

Colorado... where I got a $350 speeding ticket

New York

Snow storm! even the big rigs were sidelined that night.

Have Done List:
  • Rear Focus ST Debadge
  • Findway Mats
  • Cobb Knob
  • Cobb short shift bracket
  • Perrin Stubby Antenna
  • Boomba RMM
  • Garageline 20/25mm spacers
  • Garageline APM
  • H&R lowering springs
  • Aston Smile and Tailgate black out
  • LED bulbs on rear and mirror signals
  • Stock tires (Blizzak winters)

Fergus the Joker sitting pretty as is now

Coming from the classic mini, the focus was really like an SUV to me (SUVs are like trucks and trucks are like houses), but having driven it 7000miles with only my side view mirrors really taught me how to park. It was terrifying lol

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
So please tell me...how did it get those scars...:crazy:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I may have committed murder if someone wrote BS like that on my dirty car. And chopped up their body and buried them in the snowbanks. I commend you on not doing so, because that is friggin' sacrilegious where I come from. Hope you get those scratches polished out....damn.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So please tell me...how did it get those scars...:crazy:
My father, was a drinker...

I may have committed murder if someone wrote BS like that on my dirty car. And chopped up their body and buried them in the snowbanks. I commend you on not doing so, because that is friggin' sacrilegious where I come from. Hope you get those scratches polished out....damn.....
...it was me... I wrote Fergus on the bumper... with my foot. Again, this is a mini thing. I never had the need to wash the car all the time and keep it in show room condition. In the mini world, it's the dirty daily drivers with dirty patina that get more props than garage/trailer queens.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
@Marco was he also a fiend?

·
Registered
240 Posts
...it was me... I wrote Fergus on the bumper... with my foot. Again, this is a mini thing. I never had the need to wash the car all the time and keep it in show room condition. In the mini world, it's the dirty daily drivers with dirty patina that get more props than garage/trailer queens.
Wow. Lol. Good luck with that. :) More power to ya! Carry on.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
How'd she do in the snow? Also, it always cracks me up when car dealers put up enticing numbers like in the first pic. People don't see the "a week" and think "a month".

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How'd she do in the snow? Also, it always cracks me up when car dealers put up enticing numbers like in the first pic. People don't see the "a week" and think "a month".
Brilliantly! Most of the traction came from the blizzaks I think. I drove to Boomba as the Chicago stop to have the RMM installed actually. It was snowing and I was doing hilarious slides waiting for them to open, so I know how it drove before and after the RMM. It added just that much more traction that the factory lacked, and the throttle feels more precise some how.

@Marco was he also a fiend?
Not... one.. bit... Actually haha

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Finished putting led bulbs on my tails plus mirror turn signal. Lesson learned is to buy canbus and use resistors, much cheaper and there's no guarantee your canbus bulbs will cancel the bulb out warning.

Put some black plates on

I also went to a junkyard this morning...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts