Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. It looks like I'm finally going to be installing a system in the ST by Feb. This is what's going on:

Two 10 inch Audiobahn subs (from previous car) 500w RMS
Alpine 500w RMS mono block amp
Kenwood components (front)
Kenwood two way (rears)

My question is do I NEED an LC2i or just a regular LOC? I don't think I understand why so many people get the LC2i. Is it a must? Is it just preferred and if so why? It's about 3x the cost of a regular LOC and I've always just uses a regular LOC when keeping the stock deck.

Thank you!

P.S. I have the stock ST1 non Sony system right now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
The lc2i is just a loc, it's just one of the better ones out there that give you a little control over levels. In theory the accubase would help with the factory roll off. Any loc will work, or amp high level inputs with appropriate connectors

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This I agree with. I will be going with the lc6i in case I decide to add a 4 channel amp later on. I am going to install the door speakers first and then go from there. I have a single 10 inch Alpine Type R I will try first before my two 10 inch autobahn enclosure. They are both sealed so they won't be as boomy and if dialed in correctly shouldn't drown out the speakers. If need be then I will add a 4 channel since I already have my mono block.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
If you are going with the LC6i it might be worth looking at the LCQ1. Same line level functionality plus an EQ. I originally had the LC6i and a separate EQ, but the need to save space led me to get the LCQ1.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am on the fence about the lc2i and the lc6i. I wont know until after I install my speakers. The LCQ1 is pretty pricey. Knowing my ears ans tastes the LC6i would be as far as I would go.

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
If you're going that far, go into the new line if aq amps with the dsp built in. It would be an all in one solution.
Off topic, but does Pork Cereal go well with Pork Soda?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you're going that far, go into the new line if aq amps with the dsp built in. It would be an all in one solution.
I am not familiar with those amps. Are you referring to a 5 channel amp? I don't know if I will be amping my door speakers and if so I can easily get a 4 channel amp later. I don't mind having two amps. I don't want to just have my current mono block be useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The kicker LOC that I bought has 2 sets of positives and negatives for one pair of rca outputs. If I were to connect one pair to the sub outs and one pair to the rear speaker outs. Would that help fight the roll off or would that dicker it?

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Lc2i has a built-in 33 hz subsonic filter. You're also probably going to lose low-frequency is due to the factory head unit. I was running in lc7i and getting no low frequencies. I ordered a new head unit. Should be a lot better. Of anyone is interested in knowing lc7i I'll be selling that shortly soon as I install the side unit. Lc7i does not have a subsonic filter built in.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
The kicker LOC that I bought has 2 sets of positives and negatives for one pair of rca outputs. If I were to connect one pair to the sub outs and one pair to the rear speaker outs. Would that help fight the roll off or would that dicker it?
that is just a basic LOC with no smarts inside of it. it will not do anything about the roll off so you will still get bass roll off with new amps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts