Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, the agreed upon launch control setting to show the best results (or so I thought) was about 2100. With better tires some used the 2300, 2750, and 3100 or whatever they were, but those ate tires usually.

With the new Cobb TC, and the month or two of time that it has been released I have to wonder if anyone finds it more beneficial to launch at a higher rpm now?

Technically if you were launching perfectly before you should mimic the results of the Cobb TC or even beat it, but figured I'd see if anyone found anything different.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently people don't look at this section of the forum often..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I look, but can't answer since I have no idea :disappointed: Was interested in seeing responses. Maybe tag someone from stratified or Cobb?

Reactions: dayday5811

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I look, but can't answer since I have no idea :disappointed: Was interested in seeing responses. Maybe tag someone from stratified or Cobb?
Like since it was released it's gotten a bunch of great reviews...but haven't seen anyone sharing their personal specific results. I saw one guy report a .2 second improvement on his 60' times I think but not sure who.
@[email protected] anyone over there at Strat have any insight? Eventually I want to update to the Stratified TC, but I want to improve using the Cobb TC first. I feel like my 3100-ish slot actually might be faster than the normal 2100-ish launch our cars like w/o TC.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am stratified tuned stage 1, 245/35/18 BFG Comp 2s get blown off with the 2500rpm launch.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am stratified tuned stage 1, 245/35/18 BFG Comp 2s get blown off with the 2500rpm launch.
You run Cobb Traction control? I'm referring specifically to launching with the "new" Cobb TC.

If you haven't heard of it, it's a wonderful thing. Wayyy better than stock TC. It cuts spark I believe and gives you max power possible while maintaining a maximum level of slip. Saves tires and fractions of seconds <3

·
Registered
377 Posts
You run Cobb Traction control? I'm referring specifically to launching with the "new" Cobb TC.

If you haven't heard of it, it's a wonderful thing. Wayyy better than stock TC. It cuts spark I believe and gives you max power possible while maintaining a maximum level of slip. Saves tires and fractions of seconds <3
How do i get it?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
by getting CobbTraction Control enabled from a Stratified Tune.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I too have been waiting for someone to test this out and reply back with actual data. I pretty much never launch my car, always busy streets and I baby it. @brian60 what settings from cobb tc have you found to be the best in 2nd/3rd? I've been using mostly 3 and I've found that I like it a lot.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I too have been waiting for someone to test this out and reply back with actual data. I pretty much never launch my car, always busy streets and I baby it. @brian60 what settings from cobb tc have you found to be the best in 2nd/3rd? I've been using mostly 3 and I've found that I like it a lot.
You have the Stratified version which is adjustable. The Cobb version isn't adjustable. The Stratified version I'll be upgrading to this winter at some point.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You have the Stratified version which is adjustable. The Cobb version isn't adjustable. The Stratified version I'll be upgrading to this winter at some point.
I dont have Stratified. I'm freektune'd. The cobb version I'm pretty sure is adjustable..... The cobb version I believe works as the following.. a tuner needs to enable it though. If you go on your AP to Tunes->Adjustment, you have the options to choose which map slot you want TC to be on, the setting, and if it's on or not.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I dont have Stratified. I'm freektune'd. The cobb version I'm pretty sure is adjustable..... The cobb version I believe works as the following.. a tuner needs to enable it though. If you go on your AP to Tunes->Adjustment, you have the options to choose which map slot you want TC to be on, the setting, and if it's on or not.
Oh maybe that's a freektune specific thing? I don't know there's so many options anymore haha. I'll mess with it later.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh maybe that's a freektune specific thing? I don't know there's so many options anymore haha. I'll mess with it later.
I don't believe it's a freektune thing at all haha. It's just apart of the Accessport and you need a protuner to enable TC generically.... Though Im not sure about any of this. Cobb's website is very generic about everything. You would think they would have a video or more descriptive text on how it all works. You have to change your TC setting everytime you get in the car, it defaults to 1 I think. I'll ask Justin to clarify more.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't believe it's a freektune thing at all haha. It's just apart of the Accessport and you need a protuner to enable TC generically.... Though Im not sure about any of this. Cobb's website is very generic about everything. You would think they would have a video or more descriptive text on how it all works. You have to change your TC setting everytime you get in the car, it defaults to 1 I think. I'll ask Justin to clarify more.
See the "defaults to 1" part sounds textbook just like the post Alex with strat posted lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
See the "defaults to 1" part sounds textbook just like the post Alex with strat posted lol
"STRATIFIED Traction Control: CAN BE ENABLED/DISABLED VIA THE MENU OF THE ACCESSPORT. THE MODE OF TRACTION CONTROL CAN ALSO BE SELECTED VIA THE ACCESSPORT TUNE MENU. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE SYSTEM WILL REVERT BACK TO MODE 1 MODE EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR CAR."

This seems to be the same as Cobb. Then stratified changed how the modes work a little bit by changing the slip amounts or other tables is how I'm inferring. The revert back to 1 is the default cobb thing and dont think anyone can change that. @[email protected] Would love if you could comment. How does TC work, is it a feature that you just enable and the user then can adjust the mode (slippage basically) and then you guys went further and customized how the TC works and tell users to use Mode 4 as that's optimal based on your changes?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"STRATIFIED Traction Control: CAN BE ENABLED/DISABLED VIA THE MENU OF THE ACCESSPORT. THE MODE OF TRACTION CONTROL CAN ALSO BE SELECTED VIA THE ACCESSPORT TUNE MENU. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE SYSTEM WILL REVERT BACK TO MODE 1 MODE EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR CAR."

This seems to be the same as Cobb. Then stratified changed how the modes work a little bit by changing the slip amounts or other tables is how I'm inferring. The revert back to 1 is the default cobb thing and dont think anyone can change that. @[email protected] Would love if you could comment. How does TC work, is it a feature that you just enable and the user then can adjust the mode (slippage basically) and then you guys went further and customized how the TC works and tell users to use Mode 4 as that's optimal based on your changes?
Every time I tag him he never answers :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Every time I tag him he never answers :confused:
I just watched the video Alex made. Go to about 3:40 that is when he starts talking about how the traction control works. From what he said, the basic cobb system can be enabled though any tune/slot/map and this allows the user to change his settings. He then added his own touches. On the cobb system the settings apply using the AP menu:
. You can change your map/slot that you want to enable on
. You can change the amount of TC you want from 2-8, I'm assuming 1 is off as it's the default value
. You can turn it on/off

With the stratified specific TC system:
. You can change your map/slot that you want to enable on
. 1 is the Stratified optimal mode and then 2-8 is a further level of TC on top of the Stratified optimal mode
. You can turn it on/off

·
Registered
289 Posts
Any AP3 can enable Cobb TC, you just need to update your firmware. For Cobb it defaults to 0 (ie off)... So you have to enable each time. It really is great though.

You can also adjust Cobb TC levels in the same menu.

Somewhere along the line I'll update my tune to Stratified TC ( I'm already 7.1 ... Just pre TC, and they will add it for $10)

If it means it defaults to 1 that is a huge win. Atleast it will be on when I start the car! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Any AP3 can enable Cobb TC, you just need to update your firmware. For Cobb it defaults to 0 (ie off)... So you have to enable each time. It really is great though.

You can also adjust Cobb TC levels in the same menu.

Somewhere along the line I'll update my tune to Stratified TC ( I'm already 7.1 ... Just pre TC, and they will add it for $10)

If it means it defaults to 1 that is a huge win. Atleast it will be on when I start the car! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
If it is "off" by default then why does mine work when I put it into sport mode? I feel like I need to just mess with it a bunch and get to the bottom of it when I have time

1 - 20 of 29 Posts