Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I just finished tog welding the final 15 downpipes that I will be selling. With the EPA regs coming down the pipeline, I have elected to discontinue my downpipes. The final 15 are packaged up and ready for new homes. This means no wait on shipping! Get yours at tbperformanceproducts.com before they are all gone. If you mention this post you might even get some free goodies ;P

For those who do not know, these downpipes are all hand tig welded here in the usa(i do each and every one!) using full vibrant USA 304 stainless steel components. I also argon backpurge each one to ensure that no sugaring of the weld occurs. This is why you will never hear of a tb downpipe cracking unlike the cheap downpipes made offshore.
Tableware Wood Tool Hand tool Cutlery
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Gas
Automotive tire Tire Gas Jewellery Rim
Automotive tire Musical instrument Automotive lighting Idiophone Road surface

Registered
These scream 'unbreakable racecar build' to me... Just W O W!
You're products are top notch!!

Registered
Might have to see if I can milk some more overtime out of work. Been wanting to get a downpipe and these look right up my alley

Premium Member
Wait. Are there EPA regs coming down the line that might prevent us from getting catless DPs?

Super Moderator
Wait. Are there EPA regs coming down the line that might prevent us from getting catless DPs?
Ummm...you do know that it is already illegal to alter any part of the emissions systems (catalyst being one) on your car...right? They are just going to start cracking down due to a bunch of nonsense from a few. May be some new legislation too.

Reactions: Cory

Premium Member
Ummm...you do know that it is already illegal to alter any part of the emissions systems (catalyst being one) on your car...right? They are just going to start cracking down due to a bunch of nonsense from a few. May be some new legislation too.
I'll have to do some research, but I thought it was state-level laws. Alabama couldn't care less. If you've got blinkers and taillights, you're legal around here.

Registered
2016 Oxford White
It's federally illegal to modify emissions equipment, but who's checking? Only state level offers enforcement, and that's for state laws not federal. Considering most states don't care I feel like this is purely just extra steps for sellers to take to stay kosher.

Premium Member
Hmm... Time tp to dig into the research then. Haven't had cause to research them until recently. Still a few months out from pulling the trigger on a DP, but I mostly only considered catless because they tend to cost less. Though I did notice almost all of them had a "For rally or track use only" disclaimer, so I figured something was up.

Super Moderator
Hmm... Time tp to dig into the research then. Haven't had cause to research them until recently. Still a few months out from pulling the trigger on a DP, but I mostly only considered catless because they tend to cost less. Though I did notice almost all of them had a "For rally or track use only" disclaimer, so I figured something was up.
EPA = Federal

As @Joeywhat stated, if your state does not do any inspection you are probably good. But, that may change as the EPA flex's it's muscles on us poor aftermarket parts buyers. Don't throw your factory downpipe away!

Reactions: ryno9100

Premium Member
EPA = Federal

As @Joeywhat stated, if your state does not do any inspection you are probably good. But, that may change as the EPA flex's it's muscles on us poor aftermarket parts buyers. Don't throw your factory downpipe away!
I plan to keep all of OEM equipment in case I ever decide to trade the car in! My only exception is the custom exhaust because the shop just cut up the OEM one to make what I have.

I would love to see the EPA try to flex on AL... So many coal rolling trucks and half-finished "race" cars around here that use their vehicles as daily drivers. There would be a revolt the size of Texas.

Registered
I'll have to do some research, but I thought it was state-level laws. Alabama couldn't care less. If you've got blinkers and taillights, you're legal around here.
Federal law trumps state law. However the EPA are not gonna come knocking on your door. But they will shut down a business and fine them up the wahoo.

Super Moderator
I plan to keep all of OEM equipment in case I ever decide to trade the car in! My only exception is the custom exhaust because the shop just cut up the OEM one to make what I have.

I would love to see the EPA try to flex on AL... So many coal rolling trucks and half-finished "race" cars around here that use their vehicles as daily drivers. There would be a revolt the size of Texas.
It's the "coal rolling" trucks, and the garages that do those calibrations that started this whole mess recently.

Reactions: ryno9100

Premium Member
It's the "coal rolling" trucks, and the garages that do those calibrations that started this whole mess recently.

Yup. Never said I liked them. My brother just bought a 6.7L Cummins and the first thing he did was put on a 6inch exhaust and got a coal rolling tune... He's so proud of it and I had a hard time telling him he's a moron that's wasting gas. It's also lifted so far that I, a 6'2" person, have trouble getting in. His wife is 5' even.

Reactions: W4R and ddfred

Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
Yup. Never said I liked them. My brother just bought a 6.7L Cummins and the first thing he did was put on a 6inch exhaust and got a coal rolling tune... He's so proud of it and I had a hard time telling him he's a moron that's wasting gas. It's also lifted so far that I, a 6'2" person, have trouble getting in. His wife is 5' even.
I can't help but thinking trying to make up for some other deficiency every time I see something like that 馃槉馃榿 .
But to each his own.

Super Moderator
I can't help but thinking trying to make up for some other deficiency every time I see something like that 馃槉馃榿 .
But to each his own.
My theory is it is due to one or a combination of these three afflictions:

1) ignored by father
2) abused by mother
3) little tiny wee wee

Premium Member
My theory is it is due to one or a combination of these three afflictions:

1) ignored by father
2) abused by mother
3) little tiny wee wee
For my (step) brother, can confirm 2 and, probably, 3. Our, well, his dad was pretty great though.

Reactions: Joe R red14st2

Premium Member
on a sirius note..

I was looking at DP's for a couple weeks, ruled out cheap or expsv. $400-600 was the price range of anything i was interested in. I like the simple design, quality material/welds, price of this TB!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts