Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had to swap some new tires in a pinch and on a budget, these had great performance reviews on Tirerack and the price was less than $150, perfect right?! No, these tires wore pretty even and the performance was decent but wear was horrible. This set of rubber may have been made out of butter, about 7500 miles and they were toast. All I buy are summer performance and these wore out faster than my boxers after chili night. No track day, no burnouts, straight daily driving and I could practically see them melt away like a crack head's financial independence dreams. All I can say is stay the F away from these tires unless they are given to you, confident one track day would burn them down to the ground like a chain smoking narcoleptic in a paper mill. Now lets see house these Michelin extreme contacts do. End Rant

Reactions: trtrav

·
Registered
181 Posts
When was the last time an alignment was done on your car?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When was the last time an alignment was done on your car?
Recent, have even tire wear so alignment isn't the culprit, get what you pay for I suppose.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looking through the Tire Rack reviews, seems like other ST owners have gotten at least 15k. Hellcat owners with 10k still have tread left. Overall with a 260 treadwear rating and no tire warranty provided, one can't expect too much for wear. But yours being gone at 7500 miles is just terrible. Thanks for sharing your experience so others can make informed decisions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts