Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Forgive me as I’m not very familiar with hub centric rings. Does anyone know if these are necessary on Konig’s Dekagram wheels? I thought wheels made for the ST shouldn’t need hub centric rings but I’d like to see what people’s experiences are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
The ST is 63.36mm and the Konigs are 73.1 so you will need hub rings for the most optimal balance.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Keep in mind that about 99.9% of shops will balance the wheels via a hubcentric method, so optimally you'll want the hubcentric rings to take advantage of that. You can safely install the wheels without the hubrings, but just know that you want have the best centering and balance to go with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will the gorilla 73-63.36 rings work or should they be 73.1-63 (like the links posted above)?

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Most manufacturers will either round up or down, you shouldn't have an issue. They are also plastic which is molded so it is only so accurate compared to a machined piece. You can get metal hubrings also if you feel the need.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just a word of advice for aluminum hub centric rings, if you live in a climate where you get a lot of rain and/or your car isn't stored in a garage, you may want to get plastic/composite rings. I had a set of lovely anodized aluminum hub centric rings that I had to destroy to get out of my wheel.

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Just a word of advice for aluminum hub centric rings, if you live in a climate where you get a lot of rain and/or your car isn't stored in a garage, you may want to get plastic/composite rings. I had a set of lovely anodized aluminum hub centric rings that I had to destroy to get out of my wheel.
Yeah good point, I'm in AZ so I don't run into those issues lol.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I actually went with metal as i got tired of the plastic ones breaking when i removed them. I am happy to have them "stick" in my wheels and not come off on my summer wheels. My winter ones are still on plastic and they like to stick to the hub, then i have to carefully pry them off with out cracking them.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Use anti seize spray or paste.plastic will melt if you track. Canyon run it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Use anti seize spray or paste.plastic will melt if you track. Canyon run it
If you track, possibly. However, I live in the mountains of WNC. I've made countless trips up NC80, 226A, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Tail of the Dragon, and haven't had an issue melting or even deforming rings over the past 3 years that I've been using them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have a hub designed to be hubcentric mounted you're only getting lucky not using hubcentric rings. Theoretically you could also just use shims, but plastic hub rings are cheap. Like $6/set. If they melt or degrade who cares, just have an extra set on hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts