Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know of any wheels that look like the Konig Rennform, but are wider? The Konig Rennform is the absolute best looking wheel in my eyes for my PB ST3. I just don't like the fact it's only an 8" wide wheel. I want at least 8.5" but would prefer 9". Also the weight of the Rennform is apparently 18.62lbs so if there are any in mind I'd like to keep them lightweight.

Edit: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know a lot of guys on here are crazy for wheels and know of some close matches to this. The Pro Race 1.2 is similar, but I don't know how I feel about the concavity of them. Looks like they have a farther out offset than the Rennforms

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Look at TSW wheels, they offer a few different models with multi-spokes.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look at TSW wheels, they offer a few different models with multi-spokes.
Anyone know the weight of TSW Chicanes? I did a few searches and I'm coming up dry other than 1 guy here on our forum saying "he thinks he saw they weight 23lbs" which is heavyyy

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Anyone know the weight of TSW Chicanes? I did a few searches and I'm coming up dry other than 1 guy here on our forum saying "he thinks he saw they weight 23lbs" which is heavyyy
I found 22lbs, it's not one of their rotary forged wheels which are very light.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found 22lbs, it's not one of their rotary forged wheels which are very light.
I need to just get me a set of Bronze Nurburgrings and stop delaying the inevitable

Reactions: Samh

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I just hate that they are only 8" wide. I wish I could get the best of both worlds.
Yeah that is the only draw back, but with a wider wheel you are just adding more weight. If weight savings is that important because of a Forged wheel then the wider wheel isn't really needed. It's a toss up.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that is the only draw back, but with a wider wheel you are just adding more weight. If weight savings is that important because of a Forged wheel then the wider wheel isn't really needed. It's a toss up.
Rubber to the road outweighs the weight of the wheel to a slight extent, also. A 9" wide 20lb wheel vs an 8" wide 19lb wheel on an identical car with identical conditions I bet you the 9" wheel will have an edge.

Dang the world of wheel shopping. It's as hard as my girlfriend looking for shoes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts