Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I am new to the forum so I apologize if this is an unneeded thread, if so, I would appreciate if someone would direct me to the correct one.

I have a 2013 focus st3 with 26,000 miles. I am very interested in lowering my car to eliminate the wheel gap and upgrade my shocks and struts for a more comfortable ride with lowering springs. I would just get lowering springs, but I assume that would not be a very comfortable ride with the OEM shocks and struts. The koni yellow shocks and struts seem to be a good choice. However, I am having trouble choosing which lowering springs to sit with this combination. Does anyone have koni yellows and suggest a lowering spring that is comfortable and performs good? I would greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations.

I am not interested in coilovers. This is my daily driver and I will not be taking it to the track. I also live in Michigan where potholes are terrible in some parts and have heard coilovers do not do well with those. I am simply looking for a better look with good performance.

·
Administrator
13,291 Posts
Hey guys!

I am new to the forum so I apologize if this is an unneeded thread, if so, I would appreciate if someone would direct me to the correct one.

I have a 2013 focus st3 with 26,000 miles. I am very interested in lowering my car to eliminate the wheel gap and upgrade my shocks and struts for a more comfortable ride with lowering springs. I would just get lowering springs, but I assume that would not be a very comfortable ride with the OEM shocks and struts. The koni yellow shocks and struts seem to be a good choice. However, I am having trouble choosing which lowering springs to sit with this combination. Does anyone have koni yellows and suggest a lowering spring that is comfortable and performs good? I would greatly appreciate any comments or recommendations.

I am not interested in coilovers. This is my daily driver and I will not be taking it to the track. I also live in Michigan where potholes are terrible in some parts and have heard coilovers do not do well with those. I am simply looking for a better look with good performance.
Welcome aboard!!

No worries on this thread. Well composed posts are always welcome.

I run Swift springs with 2013 koni yellows. I actually have the konis on softest setting. So they are awesome for sure!!.

The 2013 Swift springs that i have, have the "swift squat" which the ass sits quite lower than most other springs. The spring rates are the stiffest available, which is why i went with them. Im all about the performance, passengers and fillings find no comfort here.

Reactions: prizx013
1 - 3 of 3 Posts