Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I found this forum when I was looking up the recall for the hatch release. The reason I was looking it up was because I purchased my car on the 1st and I wasn't able to drive it home because I/the dealer am/are waiting for the update.
So for right now I'm driving a focus sedan, which is still way nicer than my old car.

My old car is/was a 2005 wrx STi, I had been going back and forth on selling it for about 2 years,
it had: a leaky trunk (like bad enough to fog up the inside of the car all the time), the carpets always seemed to be wet, the driver's window didn't roll down and it was starting to act up (not starting, running funny etc). Turns out after I'd done some research it had been wrecked (shocker) and put back together poorly, however it still had a clean title and it was a good car to me, I had it about 5 years.

I had just come out of a store and my subaru wouldn't start so I said "F it, this is a sign" I drove it to grab some food and looked at some hatchbacks, and the ST was the only one that looked good, I really love the way the car looks.
We went to the dealer "just to look" and I walked right to the car I eventually purchased. I love how peppy it is, (No, it's not as fast as my STi, but my STi had work done) I also liked that it felt like it was made out of real things, the subaru I felt like I could break it if I moved wrong. I also love the Kona Blue color (or as I call it Blurple) I was actually going to paint my subaru that color. For right now though, I'm just anxiously awaiting when the dealer calls me and I can go get my car :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome! I cant imagine buying a car and being told I cant drive it for a few days+
You are a patient dude!

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Welcome! I cant imagine buying a car and being told I cant drive it for a few days+
You are a patient dude!
if only it was a few days. I purchased my ST on the 28th, went to pick it up on the 29th and Ford had released the recall that day and I wasn't able to pick it up. I'm super pissed still about it. I've heard everything from mid October to mid November ..............

you traded in your 05 sti? that's like, one of my dream cars, well, it has to be WRB with gold wheels,but still. Congrats on going from a cool car to a cool car. Those STI really held their value.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if only it was a few days. I purchased my ST on the 28th, went to pick it up on the 29th and Ford had released the recall that day and I wasn't able to pick it up. I'm super pissed still about it. I've heard everything from mid October to mid November ..............

you traded in your 05 sti? that's like, one of my dream cars, well, it has to be WRB with gold wheels,but still. Congrats on going from a cool car to a cool car. Those STI really held their value.
It was my dream car too, but this one started to deteriorate super fast after about 2 years of ownership (even though I owned it for 5 years), mostly the water getting into it, I took it to several body shops and they would either say "I'm not touching that" or "well in order to guarantee our work we'd have to get really far into it, it'll be about $8000".
I guess what had happened is when it was rear ended, the seam split between the trunk and the C(?) pillar, you'd get a good half a cup of water in the trunk on a rainy day (and I live in the pacific northwest) it would also leak into the passenger area, so anything on the floor would get soaked. I tried fixing it myself about 4 different times, I couldn't find where the water was getting in.
I still might get another one (or an RS since I think they look better) that's more complete, but for now the ST seems so much solid and more practical.

I will tell you though, if you get a STi with loud exhaust, since they also come stock with a hood scoop and outrageous spoiler; be prepared for every d-bag to race you at every stop light.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are a patient dude!
I look at it this way, I get a free rental car for however long it takes. I think if the rental was in worse shape than my trade I'd be mad, but the dealer's hands are tied. I am getting antsy though.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I'm still driving my daily, a 94 Saturn SL2 automatic with no reverse, and its a rattle box. Keeping it for winters/bad weather driving and keeping the miles off the focus beacuse I drive 70 miles a day.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I look at it this way, I get a free rental car for however long it takes. I think if the rental was in worse shape than my trade I'd be mad, but the dealer's hands are tied. I am getting antsy though.
Frustrating for sure, but you're right. Some things are just out of the dealers' hands. Some customers would be jerks about it. Congrats on the purchase and here's to getting the issue resolved quickly and getting you busting bugs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like you I kinda stumbled upon this forum myself. Welcome to the forum and man I would be pretty upset to if I bought a new car that I can't even drive. But hey the upside is that the dealer hooked you up with a rental for now and at least you know your car is waiting for you and isn't going anywhere. Not to jack your thread or anything but has anyone had to take their car in for the recall ? I purchased mine in mid September.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts