Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Kona Blue ST on Friday. Traded in my 2010 Fusion SE for it. I nearly bought a Civic Si the week prior, but received an offer from the Ford Dealer I couldn't refuse.

I got the super base model, I don't think there could be a model with less in it. I was shocked to see a back-up camera and keyless ignition honestly.

Wife drives a 2010 Flex and that vehicle sees the family duty. I rarely have anyone in my car so back seat space wasn't a big concern once I realized that I had my kids in my car about once a month.

I don't have any performance upgrades planned, but would like to update the stereo system. I found it odd that Crutchfield recommended not upgrading the "head unit" on this car. I did find plenty of fit kits on-line though. I am not a big car stereo expert, but a music fan overall. I was happy to see an Aux jack in this model as I have a portable Sirius receiver w/lifetime subscription that I've moved to now 4 cars over the years.

Going from a 4 banger Fusion to this is quite fun!

I'm a middle aged married father of two sons. Wife and I are both 6', eldest is 14 and 5' 9" tall and my youngest turned 10 the day I got this car. He is already 5' 2". I was originally very concerned with leg room in the back, but as mentioned, I don't have them w/me enough to worry about it. They can sit cramped for the 10 minute drives we would need to go on.

I'll probably invest in a cargo cover as we do have a dog that sheds a lot! Last time we took her to the dog park, she decided to sit in the urine/water/sand mud puddle. It was not pleasant.

My car history is:
1st car I drove regularly: 1983 AMC Eagle station wagon (circa 1987)
1st car I owned 1984 Mustang convertible (3.6L V6) (circa 1989)
1st foreign car 1978 Benz 200 (I was stationed in Germany from Oct 93 to Nov 95, had it for 1 year until I crashed it) (circa 1994)
1st truck 1995 Chevy S10 (circa 1994)
S10 was replaced w/a 2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (circa 2002)
Sentra was replaced by a 2003 Audi A6 2.7T (circa 2006)
Audi was replaced by the Fusion (circa 2010)

I will never own another German luxury car after that Audi. Looking at that list reminds me of the cars that were involved in accidents:
the Mustang (car pulled out in front of me = not my fault)
Benz, tire blew out on the autobahn and threw me into the guardrail at about 100 mph
Sentra, I pulled out in front of a speeding car, but was my fault

I'm really not a terrible driver!!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to the forum, try to keep this one alive :big smile: Just joking, hope you enjoy it

Reactions: muphasta

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Man, a rough life your cars have lived. You'll be happy with the ST! Check your tires regularly, especially if driving triple digits ;) And watch for those pesky speeding drivers you might pull out in front of...at least you can get out of the way in a hurry now

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for sharing pictures as well. Welcome to the forum. If you're comfortable with basic car maintenance you can really turn this car into a beast and still maintain reliability.

Stick around!

Reactions: muphasta

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for now I'm enjoying it stock. Of course, i said the same thing about my Sentra at first too. By the time I parted with it, I had done a couple of things, CF hood, AEM CAI, and Magnaflow used my car as a prototype test car for the Cat-back. bolt ons are great for me.

This is a big change over my Fusion. I wanted something fun that could get good gas mileage, unsure if any mods would hinder the gas mileage or not.

·
Registered
732 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts