Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked all over the internet for a knuckle kit with bearing assembly that fit Focus ST. Some online autoparts like partsgeek, carid, etc..have the regular knuckle for non STs. I just need to know if someone out there have used a regular Knuckle kit with the ST. Otherwise I would have to get a press to get the bearings out. Anyway are the regular Focus knuckles compatible with STs?? Anyone out there that have gone through this problem before?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,180 Posts
I just took a guess on which side, but the drivers side ST knuckle is CV6Z-3K186-C and for the other models is CV6Z-3K186-A

So, no, the regular focus knuckle wont work. Time to invest in a press and some adapters!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
If looking for a performance upgrade, the RS knuckle is the one to get. Uses the same bearing iirc as the ST.

ebay has premade knuckles with bearings pressed in. But make sure its ST compatible and not just a focus one

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
829 Posts
I use one of this with an impact wrench. It does the trick. Automotive tire Input device Hood Guitar accessory Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
What's the difference between the regular focus and the ST knuckle? i just ordered a driver side knuckle from rock auto i broke a wheel stud and am to lazy to press out the bearing again. i just replaced it about 20k miles ago then broke a stud. I'll go check the box right now lol

Edit. looks to be the right knuckle to me.

Automotive tire Corded phone Alloy wheel Steering wheel Bumper

·
Super Moderator
7,180 Posts
What's the difference between the regular focus and the ST knuckle? i just ordered a driver side knuckle from rock auto i broke a wheel stud and am to lazy to press out the bearing again. i just replaced it about 20k miles ago then broke a stud. I'll go check the box right now lol

Edit. looks to be the right knuckle to me.

View attachment 399754
Likely something to do with the suspension geometry of the ST. Possibly camber. The important thing is there IS absolutely a difference. If it isnt an ST knuckle, dont use it.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Likely something to do with the suspension geometry of the ST. Possibly camber. The important thing is there IS absolutely a difference. If it isnt an ST knuckle, dont use it.
parts.ford.com just states the above part number (CV6Z-3K186-C)
fits
  • Ford Focus 2013 - 2018
  • Ford Focus RS 2016 - 2018
doesn't specify ST or not

·
Super Moderator
7,180 Posts
See post number 2 of this thread. That part number you shared is for the ST. The other part number i shared is for the normal focus

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
the only difference from on part number to the other even on fords parts website is one is 2012-2018 focus and 2016-18 focus RS neither specify ST but ill just return it and press a new hub and bearing in. better to have the right knuckle than save some time.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
829 Posts
RS knuckle has a different geometry than the ST.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I emailed WJB for clarification if THIS is the correct part for the ST.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
WJB confirms their knuckle bearing hub assembly Part number for left side WLK919L Part number for right side WLK919R is compatible with ALL Ford Focus models 2012 to 2018. I also checked with a Ford service manager in the local Facebook ST group he also stated the knuckles are the same but struts would be different. When i change my knuckle ill do my best to compare any and all measurements i can take of each knuckle just to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
7,180 Posts
Yes please let us know, also post your alignment sheet when you get it too, please. Im very curious

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Yes please let us know, also post your alignment sheet when you get it too, please. Im very curious
Oh I will, I'm waiting to get new tires in before getting the install and alignment done. install will consist of new tires, struts, shocks, left knuckle, and inner and outer tie rods.

Reactions: gemery and TurboGT

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
WJB confirms their knuckle bearing hub assembly Part number for left side WLK919L Part number for right side WLK919R is compatible with ALL Ford Focus models 2012 to 2018. I also checked with a Ford service manager in the local Facebook ST group he also stated the knuckles are the same but struts would be different. When i change my knuckle ill do my best to compare any and all measurements i can take of each knuckle just to be sure.
lets clarify this statement…. Compatible with all but NOT the same. Built into the RS is 0.8 degrees of additional negative camber. There is a caster change too, ive read but not confirmed. Just cause it fits…. Doesnt make it the same. Ymmv

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
lets clarify this statement…. Compatible with all but NOT the same. Built into the RS is 0.8 degrees of additional negative camber. There is a caster change too, ive read but not confirmed. Just cause it fits…. Doesnt make it the same. Ymmv
Correct. Damond Motorsports has some info on fitting them onto the ST:

Reactions: gemery

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Agreed that's why i'll measure what I can and confirm. If it's not the same I'll press in a new hub and bearing and use the knuckle on the car was just trying to save some time and effort.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Agreed that's why i'll measure what I can and confirm. If it's not the same I'll press in a new hub and bearing and use the knuckle on the car was just trying to save some time and effort.
I'll save you some time for at least ST vs RS
Also Ford's own marketing when the RS was unveiled mentioned the additional camber built into the knuckles to differentiate from the ST.

So then it comes down to is there a difference between ST and regular Focus models. That's an unknown. I don't think there will be a difference personally.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts