Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it says in the title does anyone in the orlando area have any feedback on Kings Performance on east colonial dr ?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
They seem to mostly be a drag shop, but I'd like to know more about them too. This is their web page...

Kings Performance | I AM THE KING.

Hard to find a shop that inspires confidence. Most seem only interested in finishing the job really fast to get to the next one with no attention to quality. Hopefully someone here has some experience with them and can provide some feedback.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They've done great work for me in the past and I haven't had any issues. Same with Real Street Performance. I'm a little more fond of Real Street, but that's only because I know the people better.

What are you looking to have done?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
They've done great work for me in the past and I haven't had any issues. Same with Real Street Performance. I'm a little more fond of Real Street, but that's only because I know the people better.

What are you looking to have done?

I believe @Red Ryder was looking to get a WMI system installed, but he recently sold his ST so not going to happen now. I'm still interested in local Orlando shops that care about quality, and will not look down their noses on "just a Focus". Please let us know more about what you had Kings and Real Street do for your ST.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh wow, this thread is pretty old. Sorry for bumping it haha.

I typically do all of own install work, but have used real street for tuning and kings for tuning and some of the more difficult installs.

Nothing with the focus though, sorry. I can assure you that real street wouldn't look down on the st though as one of their tuners has or had a very high horsepower svt focus. Real street did the tuning on my turbo mustang, Kings has done tuning and a fuel system install for me on an Sti.

Lamotta performance in longwood is a very reputable ford shop who can and will tune st's. They've done a multitude of work for me when it comes to tuning any of the ford vehicles.

Depends on what you're looking to do, I will always offer a helping hand.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Oh wow, this thread is pretty old. Sorry for bumping it haha.

I typically do all of own install work, but have used real street for tuning and kings for tuning and some of the more difficult installs.

Nothing with the focus though, sorry. I can assure you that real street wouldn't look down on the st though as one of their tuners has or had a very high horsepower svt focus. Real street did the tuning on my turbo mustang, Kings has done tuning and a fuel system install for me on an Sti.

Lamotta performance in longwood is a very reputable ford shop who can and will tune st's. They've done a multitude of work for me when it comes to tuning any of the ford vehicles.

Depends on what you're looking to do, I will always offer a helping hand.
Thanks for that feedback SteedaGT. If you were going to have someone install a big turbo in your Focus ST, would you take it to Kings, Real Street, LaMotta, or somewhere else? Before you say you would do it yourself, lets just say hypothetically that you were going to have someone else install it...where would you go?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for that feedback SteedaGT. If you were going to have someone install a big turbo in your Focus ST, would you take it to Kings, Real Street, LaMotta, or somewhere else? Before you say you would do it yourself, lets just say hypothetically that you were going to have someone else install it...where would you go?
I'd bring it to me :)

All jokes aside, all of the above are very confident in their work. Lamotta know fords very, very well and Jake is a standup guy. He will be very straightforward with you. Fernando at Kings is super nice and very knowledgable. They've met with me and friends after hours to accommodate scheduling of dropping cars off and whatnot. Albeit, sometimes a little slow to get things done, they do high class work. The real street guys know their stuff. Geo, Trevor, and the rest of the sales crew are some of the most knowledgable people I know and Jay, the owner, is an incredible tuner and a ford guy.

Personally, I'd call each of them and feel them out. None of them will think it's "just a focus" and all have been very courteous in my past experiences. You'll get the most power from kings, Lamotta will be the safest tune, and real street will be in the middle.

And as always, if you want to learn or tinker with your car, I'm always here to help out. After the install, we can throw it in the trailer and bring it to a tuner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive done work with them with my old 370Z. They did right by me. They are definitely on the pricier side of shops IMO but good crew. I would do work with them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts