Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died the other day and I had to jump my car. Ever since; pressing the button on the door handle doesn't lock the door anymore. All of the sudden yesterday when I grab the door handle it doesn't unlock my door anymore. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? I miss the keyless locks dearly! I have a 2014 ST3.

·
Super Moderator
8,283 Posts
My battery died the other day and I had to jump my car. Ever since; pressing the button on the door handle doesn't lock the door anymore. All of the sudden yesterday when I grab the door handle it doesn't unlock my door anymore. Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? I miss the keyless locks dearly! I have a 2014 ST3.
How old is the battery? The electrical systems on these cars get out of sorts when your battery gets low/old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is the battery? The electrical systems on these cars get out of sorts when your battery gets low/old.
I'm not sure how old it is. I just got the car 3 weeks ago. It had 36k miles on it. I took it to Advanced auto parts yesterday and had them hook their tester to it and it was fine. As I said it was dead Sunday but I drove it enough the last 2 days to charge the battery up again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
A few possibilities:
weak key fob battery, key needs to be paired to car again, blown fuse, Re you wearing a heavy winter coat with the key in it instead of your pants pocket?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I second the key fob battery, one of my keys has a weak battery i basically need to be within an inch of the door for it to unlock. you can get a 6 pack of em on Amazon for like 5 bucks really easy to replace

·
Registered
2018 HPR ST1
59 Posts
Recently the message "key fob battery is low" popped up on my dash when I started the ST so I switched out the batteries on both of mine. Is this something only on the newest years? I don't recall anyone else mentioning seeing this.

·
Super Moderator
8,283 Posts
Recently the message "key fob battery is low" popped up on my dash when I started the ST so I switched out the batteries on both of mine. Is this something only on the newest years? I don't recall anyone else mentioning seeing this.
I have a 2013 and get the message.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
197 Posts
Remove the black round cap on the steering column where the ignition would and place the key in the hole, then start the car, hopefully this will reset your keys.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys were right about the battery. Without changing it out as I was at work when I created this post, when I left I held the key in my hand and it unlocked and did the same when I got home and it locked. I'll be replacing the battery asap! Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
You guys were right about the battery. Without changing it out as I was at work when I created this post, when I left I held the key in my hand and it unlocked and did the same when I got home and it locked. I'll be replacing the battery asap! Thanks!
You are lucky, my driver side handle randomly stoped, yet I have a brand new battery. It's sad because every other wireless door lock works all BUT the drivers door. I think the tech inside needs to be replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts