Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well if the BCM is a different one and you still having the same issue I would recommend inspecting that connector for a damaged, loose, or corroded pin. It sounds like your getting close

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bump because of the amount of time this thread has been referenced lately.

Also updated main post to include part numbers and descriptions.

Stay Safe
J

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
2017 Oxford White ST1...Stock for now
6 Posts
Here is my experience in this topic. I purchased my 2017 FoST1 about a month ago. Rebuilt title with just shy of 15k miles, what could go wrong, right? Welp, trouble brewed after about a week of owning it. First had a CEL and noticed that the fuel gauge does not move from full. Checked the codes and had P0443, P0141, P0135, P0013 and P0010. Did some research on the forum and ordered a replacement EVAP purge valve and O2 sensors. Replaced the EVAP purge and checked everything….only to find fuse 32 not just blown, but melted….seems the genius that owned it before me shoved a 25 amp fuse in there. Pried it out, cleaned it up and replaced the O2 sensors (what a fun job pulling the dp was).

This cleared all but the P0443 code, the gas tank still reads full all of the time, and even though F32 was not blown, I had no radiator fan…which is not fun at a stop light in FL in the summer. After testing and tracing wires with a ton of help from @SSgtjrobertson, we found that MIDI #8 was blown. Swapped that bad boy out and we are golden (also replaced the relay for the fan)! No CEL or codes and I have a working fan/AC again. Now onto the damn gas gauge...

Much appreciation to SS..

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is the actual process for replacing one of the fuses in the HVJB? I have replaced normal fuses before but nothing in this area. I will get a multimeter to test but I believe this is my issue.

·
Registered
2017 Oxford White ST1...Stock for now
6 Posts
What is the actual process for replacing one of the fuses in the HVJB? I have replaced normal fuses before but nothing in this area. I will get a multimeter to test but I believe this is my issue.
Personally I just disconnected the battery, removed the cover to the HVJB, removed both nuts holding the fuse in, removed the old one and put the new one in. (I was not aware that the nuts were one time use so I reused them. I have since replaced them with nylock nuts). Then put the cover back on and reconnected the battery.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts