Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Not sure what exactly you are asking? Those are pics of the Down Pipe (DP) which links your exhaust system to your turbo.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The exhaust for our cars is called cat back exhaust. The picture you are showing is the down pipe with the catalytic converter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The car does have a Mountune exhaust installed by the previous owner. I'm just wondering if it's cat back or turbo back. If I can run the stage 3 tune or stick with stage 2.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
You have the stock down pipe and apparently you have a mountune exhaust. This means technically you are limited to stage 2. You would need a high flow or catless DP to go "stage 3".

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Upgraded intercooler is also required for stage 2
Correct. I didn't mention the other items he would need because he was specifically asking about the DP, but good call.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct. I didn't mention the other items he would need because he was specifically asking about the DP, but good call.
I do have the upgraded intercooler and Injen intake installed by the previous owner. (Sorry for the long reply, I've been out of country and haven't been keeping up with my forums :)

So in order to go Stage 3, it looks like I'd need a high flow or catless downpipe?

·
Registered
236 Posts
to clarify - if you replace with an aftermarket exhaust that leaves the stock downpipe, that equals cat back. If you replace dp and exhaust, that's turbo back.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I do have the upgraded intercooler and Injen intake installed by the previous owner. (Sorry for the long reply, I've been out of country and haven't been keeping up with my forums :)

So in order to go Stage 3, it looks like I'd need a high flow or catless downpipe?
Yes. Catted or catless...that is up to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts