Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make just a tailpipe kit? I don't like the stick pipes and don't know what I want to do for mods yet, such as cat back. I haven't seen anything bolt on. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Does anyone make just a tailpipe kit? I don't like the stick pipes and don't know what I want to do for mods yet, such as cat back. I haven't seen anything bolt on. Has anyone done this?
Have you gotten underneath and looked? the stock tips are welded to the muffler, you can't just bolt something on. I suppose you could cut the stock tips off, and get some cheap ass bolt-on tips from eBay. have you even looked? it's very easy to get cheap ass bolt on tips. hell, sometimes gas stations and car washes sell them in the lobby. good luck

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
walk into an advance auto parts, they have a big selection of chrome plated tips for sale.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You could get the flowmaster tips, and then have an exhaust shop weld it on. Personally I would look into the MRT axle-back because then you have a muffler delete and the dual exhaust tips. Also it sounds nice and isn't too much louder than stock and it'll run you around $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
You just want to add tips without any sound change? Sounds like more work than it's worth to me, I'd just wait until you know what you want and get a full turbo back or catback exhaust and call it a day, but to each his own I guess.

·
Super Moderator
10,092 Posts
You could get the flowmaster tips, and then have an exhaust shop weld it on. Personally I would look into the MRT axle-back because then you have a muffler delete and the dual exhaust tips. Also it sounds nice and isn't too much louder than stock and it'll run you around $200

The price on the MRT is up to about $300.00 now and at WOT it is LOUD!!! (I have one)

·
Registered
816 Posts
The price on the MRT is up to about $300.00 now and at WOT it is LOUD!!! (I have one)
Oh....sorry OP I was misleading you based off of sound clips of an MRT. Thanks for clarifying @ddfred. This is what happens when I get on a forum at 730am with only 4 hours of sleep and no coffee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts