Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the deals for flights, hotel, car...

Does anyone have any recent visits to comment on the Comfort Inn they recommend?

What time does the actual track day end at? There's a flight out of SLC at 8pm but that's probably cutting it too close after the race day- if anyone has done that, would you rather have stayed longer to not run around?

Anyone from Bay Area CA making the trip?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Looking at the deals for flights, hotel, car...

Does anyone have any recent visits to comment on the Comfort Inn they recommend?

What time does the actual track day end at? There's a flight out of SLC at 8pm but that's probably cutting it too close after the race day- if anyone has done that, would you rather have stayed longer to not run around?

Anyone from Bay Area CA making the trip?
The hotel that is recommended is really convenient. It is a nice hotel with a good breakfast selection. My complaint was the horrible service, I had a 9 hour drive, I called in stating I was on my way and would check in a little late like around 4 ish. I got their at 4:25 pm and my room wasnt ready yet. I ended up having to go to the orientation dinner straight from my 9 hour drive and then check in at 7 ish, when my room was finally ready, without so much as an apology from the front desk lady.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Hampton Inn is pretty nice seems like. The price is pretty competitive considering the pricing of surrounding hotels. Holiday Inn goes for 120, depending on the day, lead time, etc. Our class just finished yesterday May 14th.
As far as the event, we left the class right before 5pm. Some stayed the night some rushed to the airport, others drove back home. It was a mix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips. How did you like the class RSguy?

Excited to finally go!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have gone to couple of HPDEs before and this was much more relaxed. If you really pay attention to the 40min class then your day will be really fun. Instructors are pretty cool and make sure that you are really engaged. Track was fun, the lead car shows you the race line for a total of 9 laps in each car (Fiesta and Focus). The you go by yourself and it's all you, that was very satisfying.
Afternoon was the Autox and Skid car. Not sure what was more fun, the track or abusing the **** out of the Hydro brake :)
Oh and how can I forget, the never ending car talk just makes you feel home. Lot's friendly folks come out and have fun. Good food too.

Hope this helps, good luck with your event

·
Registered
51 Posts
I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport for ~$100/night so I would be around more stuff to do since there isn't too much in Toole. I had Saturday afternoon and Sunday until 5 (reception) to do as I please, Ended up going about 100 miles west of Toole to the bonneville speedway and drove about 10 miles after the main entrance on the Salt Flats. Really cool if you can spare half a day or so. You will get out of the track around 4:30 on the driving day. Ended up going to the bonneville brewery which is only a few minutes from the track. Me and another guy went and had a few beers, pretty good selection and the food wasnt bad either. Only 2 things I didn't like was the tires on the fiesta were a UHP all season so they didn't grip as well as the focus. Turns out that size michelin (their sponsor) is discontinued on the ps4s. They still grip good just not as good. Biggest letdown was the skid car, I could've gone without that part entirely. Overall it is a fantastic time, Urbancross or whatever they call it was my favorite part.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How long after purchase did you get the paperwork you needed to sign up? I have to do vacation bidding early in the year so hopefully something is left next summer to sign up for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts