Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can tell by the name, this is a future dad purchase. After finding out I will be having my first kid, the girlfriend and I had to make a decision about her car. She drives a PT Cruiser and is on it's last leg before the head gasket goes, I decided to let her drive my 2010 Tacoma and buy myself a new vehicle. I was hoping to have my project 1988 k2500 up and running before the baby came but after dropping 2,500 into it (I got it for next to free) the transmission went out on me while driving to get to the transmission shop right down the street. So at that point, rather than dropping 700 for a transmission, plus the money to do 134r conversion to get the AC to work with a new compressor; I decided to keep the project truck just that. In the garage, slowly worked on when I had the time and money to drop on it without chancing anything going wrong while transporting the kid around.

I then decided to start used car shopping, in which I nearly bought a 2014 ST right before it was sold 2 hours before I went back to do the paper work. Then was jerked around at another dealership where they refused to do 400 a month for a 2007 Rubicon that was fully built; until I was walking out the doors and was through with them, then 417 a month instantly became 389. I went to another dealership looking at a 2012 FX4 F150, then they jerked me around to by refusing our 24 hour contract we signed to let me sleep on the deal and raised the monthly payment. Now I have always been a Chevy guy when it comes to American made vehicles. That has slowly been changing lately since 2009, that was about when for the most part American made vehicles started stepping up their quality. If I didn't work on cars for a living I never would have seen these changes and in all honesty, never would've considered Ford as a brand to buy from.

After being tired of used car shopping I said screw it, I didn't need another truck since I already had 2. I didn't need another off road vehicle because 1 was being built only to go up mountains and the other was a mild daily driver build. I wanted to go fast, plus my 77 mile a day to work and back made me cringe at gas prices. I had a very short list of cars to begin with and finished right where I started, this time it was a new car though. Getting 26 MPG in Phoenix during the winter time with all the stupid snow birds is amazing, my Tacoma was lucky to get 17.5. But from here on it is to do a budget performance build to hopefully get to 300HP.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Alloy wheel Rim Car

·
Registered
781 Posts
A warm welcome from the Netherlands and all the best wishes for the new year

·
Registered
407 Posts
Looks great man! You got the exact one I did.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Dig the red pin stripe. Did the dealer do that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealership, as a body tech my eye twitches at the thought of pinstripes on my vehicles because I have to remove them all the time at work and they eat into the clear if left on for years. However it started to grow on me so I'm still undecided, if they hadn't already done it and Included it in the cost of 25k before all the taxes and fees I wouldn't have ever gotten them.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
486 Posts
Congrats on fatherhood, Welcome to the ST family and Happy New Year

1 - 9 of 9 Posts