Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an incredible difference from the factory intercooler. Pull after pull, I was consistently ~5 IAT degrees over the ambient. Before the install, was obviously much worse, 15-20 degrees above ambient temp.

It holds boost so much better, pulls much harder. Highly recommend this intercooler.

Sent from another garage

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Using stock piping? Running any tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stock piping, don't feel a need to upgrade right now.

No tune at the moment, picking up a Cobb AP next week hopefully, will probably run an OTS to begin with.

Only other modifications: Cobb filter, resonator and cat delete.

Sent from another garage

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stock piping, don't feel a need to upgrade right now.

No tune at the moment, picking up a Cobb AP next week hopefully, will probably run an OTS to begin with.

Only other modifications: Cobb filter, resonator and cat delete.

Sent from another garage
No need to upgrade any pipes on the intake side unless you go big turbo.

Considering that you're running no cat and now a FMIC, I would imagine you will see some fairly significant gains with a tune. How are you monitoring temps currently without an AP or similar device?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No need to upgrade any pipes on the intake side unless you go big turbo.

Considering that you're running no cat and now a FMIC, I would imagine you will see some fairly significant gains with a tune. How are you monitoring temps currently without an AP or similar device?
Yeah I'm really stoked for the results once tuned. We actually used an OBD2 bluetooth device with the Torque app to monitor before and after. Had to make sure boost was holding, not leaking, IATs, etc. My buddy who helped normally uses it for his SHO on track days.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
What an incredible difference from the factory intercooler. Pull after pull, I was consistently ~5 IAT degrees over the ambient. Before the install, was obviously much worse, 15-20 degrees above ambient temp.

It holds boost so much better, pulls much harder. Highly recommend this intercooler.

Sent from another garage
We appreciate your feedback & support ... anyone that may be in the market ... we should have some good savings in the near future :)

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Registered
100 Posts
We appreciate your feedback & support ... anyone that may be in the market ... we should have some good savings in the near future :)

Best Regards,

TJ
From your website:

"The bolt-in design does not require any major modifications for installation."

Does that mean it retains the active grille shutters?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
From your website:

"The bolt-in design does not require any major modifications for installation."

Does that mean it retains the active grille shutters?
Typically when you tune your car they are disabled anyway. Better cooling > Negligible difference in MPG

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Running the same one on mine. Great product.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, the OEM FMIC took a bit of a beating. Glad you retired it.
No kidding! I didn't get a good look at it until I removed the bumper. Possibly from previous front end damage. Also the AGS was still installed, but not even hooked up....

Curious to find whatever else in my future endeavors, fixing every little thing on this second hand car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts