Ford Focus ST Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Still sucking down OXY......original stone was 17 mm, Lithotripsy did not completely turn it to dust...latest XRAY looks like multiple pockets of much smaller renal calculi......next step uncertain. I'm starting to think the original stone may have had adhesions around it.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
Still sucking down OXY......original stone was 17 mm, Lithotripsy did not completely turn it to dust...latest XRAY looks like multiple pockets of much smaller renal calculi......next step uncertain. I'm starting to think the original stone may have had adhesions around it.
Man, I'm so sorry, I know your pain. Fortunately mine were resolved first trip.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Turbosmart BPV, Dual OCCs, Innovative RMM, JBR Intake & SS Arm, 245/40R18
990 Posts
If it's any consolation, I hurt for you just reading that.
Prayers it goes well and gets resolved soon!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Yesterday was weird in KC, in the morning there was 5-6 inches of snow on the railing of my back deck.....by 6 pm.....all the snow had melted. Trees in bloom were really beautiful, you could see the colors of the blooms through the snow covering them. It's less than 60 days till the summer solstice....if people keep buying electric vehicles...I fear we will all freeze to death in KC.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
Yesterday was weird in KC, in the morning there was 5-6 inches of snow on the railing of my back deck.....by 6 pm.....all the snow had melted. Trees in bloom were really beautiful, you could see the colors of the blooms through the snow covering them. It's less than 60 days till the summer solstice....if people keep buying electric vehicles...I fear we will all freeze to death in KC.
Snowed in Wichita Tuesday also, and yesterday I planted 54 tomato plants I started at home in our garden at work; 96 pepper plants going in today. We give away a lot of fresh produce every year. Hopefully the electric vehicles don't freeze us all out!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
One year, when I used to plant a big garden, I was out there in the middle picking weeds or something. I was bent over and heard an odd noise behind me, I stood up and turned around & only 10-15 feet from me was a deer eating a cantaloupe. I finally gave up a few years ago & planted fruit trees.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
One year, when I used to plant a big garden, I was out there in the middle picking weeds or something. I was bent over and heard an odd noise behind me, I stood up and turned around & only 10-15 feet from me was a deer eating a cantaloupe. I finally gave up a few years ago & planted fruit trees.
We have raccoons and possums that get into our melons and cucumbers; I have those sprouting under lights on my kitchen table right now. Just got done transplanting jalapenos and pepperoncini, my old back is aching a bit. Going to get a couple guys from our residential program to help with the long sweets and bell peppers after lunch. I've been trying to get our admins to approve funds for 6 or 8 fruit trees.

Reactions: Smokin' Joe

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
After I gave up on big gardens, we started feeding birds......over 20 species so far. Well, when you feed birds...you get raccoons & possums. One was so tame you could hand it hot dogs. But, then 1 became 6.....it got out of hand. So, I began trapping and relocating them. Relocated all 6. But, now after a year or two......somebody is getting in the bird feeder again.

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
After I gave up on big gardens, we started feeding birds......over 20 species so far. Well, when you feed birds...you get raccoons & possums. One was so tame you could hand it hot dogs. But, then 1 became 6.....it got out of hand. So, I began trapping and relocating them. Relocated all 6. But, now after a year or two......somebody is getting in the bird feeder again.
I glued a 4" pvc collar to the bottom of my bird feeder and it now resides on top of a 10' pvc pipe cemented 3 1/2' into the ground. It's really quite funny to watch the squirrels try to climb it. They can jump 4+ feet straight up, but can't get a grip on the plastic pipe and either bounce off or slide to the ground.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I climbed ~25-30' up the oak tree and bolted in a pulley for my triple feeder bird-feeder so it sits a good 7-8' away from the tree trunk. It's super convenient to refill now, and also kept the dang squirrel gang off of the bird feed... Until last year. I know this bastard, his name is now 'kicks'... Little bastard flew from the tree trunk and grabbed the edge of the bird feeder! One of the first times he did some half-assed back flip and cased-it hard on the grass. I laughed my ass off!

...Well, eventually he got it down and you'll note that 1 of the three pillars of feed will be like halfway down one morning (or afternoor, lazy bastard!). I like to scare the **** out of him though and make him kick the bird-feeder away so that he falls straight down and has to run up the tree again 😈

I hope you're feeling a bit better each day man! My garden was hand built and tilled for my Wife... Well, she doesn't tend to it anymore (even after I automated the dang thing!), so I don't care any more either! I have my plants, and that's all that really matters, haha.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
We use an AIRSOFT pistol (300 fps) on the squirrels. We have about a 10% hit rate. Must not hurt them too much though....gone thru almost 5,000 rounds. I think they enjoy the game, I know my wife does!

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
We use an AIRSOFT pistol (300 fps) on the squirrels. We have about a 10% hit rate. Must not hurt them too much though....gone thru almost 5,000 rounds. I think they enjoy the game, I know my wife does!
Squirrels are tough little buggars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
lol, you're fortunate if you guys have that option. Not that I even could, due to job duties, but I certainly have tasted the CBD flowers from time to time :p Reminiscing of the good ol' days, haha.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just found out the doctor wants to blast my ass with sound waves again.........I think I may need some medical marijuana this time.
Just think of it like a weather forecast: It's coming either way... Best to be prepared for it! That's science at it's best =D

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Well, before they blasted my ass again today...I asked for a clarification about the stones remaining after the first session 3 weeks ago. I had been told there was good pulverization but still had multiple pockets of smaller stones. The biggest of which was 1.5.....I guess I assumed (I was on OXY) they meant 1.5 mm.......nooooooooo, it was 1.5 cm...= 15 mm....that's only 2 mm smaller than the one I started out with..which was 17 mm. The machine was fired 4,000 times. My luck they'll want to do it a 3rd time........

Can you smoke OXY?

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
Well, before they blasted my ass again today...I asked for a clarification about the stones remaining after the first session 3 weeks ago. I had been told there was good pulverization but still had multiple pockets of smaller stones. The biggest of which was 1.5.....I guess I assumed (I was on OXY) they meant 1.5 mm.......nooooooooo, it was 1.5 cm...= 15 mm....that's only 2 mm smaller than the one I started out with..which was 17 mm. The machine was fired 4,000 times. My luck they'll want to do it a 3rd time........

Can you smoke OXY?
Ummm...yes...

Don't ask how I know... ;)

Reactions: Chris L.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
1/1/21 to today...... between Hernia & Stone......"ASK" medical bills = approx. $38,000. Asking and getting are two different things! Do not go without medical insurance!

·
Super Moderator
9,232 Posts
1/1/21 to today...... between Hernia & Stone......"ASK" medical bills = approx. $38,000. Asking and getting are two different things! Do not go without medical insurance!
So, how's the stone? Going? Gone?

81 - 100 of 101 Posts